Next stop, Florida - Matthew Tkachuk

This takes place when Matthew first went to Florida. He requested a trade, so this ain't all the "I got traded.." shit.

Matthew has been demanding a trade from the Flames during trading because he doesn't want to be here in Calgary anymore. Understandable, I mean the team hasn't really given him anything. Any day now he'd be finding out what team he's going to.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by the sound of Matthew's phone ringing. I looked at the contact. Darryl Sutter.

"MATTHEW OMG COME HERE!" I yelled. He came running in.

"What what?" Matt asked, freaking out.

"Sutter's calling!" I replied while pointing to the vibrating phone.

"Holy. Shit." The brunette quickly picked up his phone and walked out of the room.

After about 20 minutes, Matthew came back in while I was watching FRIENDS. I'm watching FRIENDS while writing this. I immediately turned and looked at him.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Well.." Matt said, raising suspense intentionally. I shook my hands around telling him to go on. "I was traded to the Florida Panthers!"

"Omg! We're going to Florida!" I yelled, wrapping him in a hug. He hugged me back.

"Are you sure you wanna leave your whole life behind for me?" The brunette asked me. I looked up at him. Matt being a foot taller included me having to practically break my neck to look at him. 

"Of course. I would leave every single thing behind me to be with my wonderful fiancée." I replied, kissing his lips. When we separated, Matt smiled at me and hugged me.

Matt went to our room to start packing his and my clothing, while I went to the kitchen to pack our dishes and stuff.

*4 hours later*

Around 8:30 pm we finished packing up our apartment and got it in a moving truck on the way to Miami. Currently, we were laying on the couch with my head on his chest, half asleep and watching The Office. 

"Matt?" I questioned softly while looking up and seeing him already looking at me. 

"What's up?" He replied and paused the TV.

"What are we gonna do when we get to Miami? We have our apartment and stuff so we don't need that.." I trailed off in thought.

"We could explore the beaches? It'll be hot tomorrow when we get in." Matt suggested.

"Bettt!" I whisper-yelled. The brunette just chuckled and kissed the top of my head as I drifted off.

*Miami, Florida. Virginia Key Beach.*

"Holy shit." I said as we walked along the shore. "It's beautiful."

"You know, if we weren't already engaged, I'd propose to you right here and now." Matt said genuinely. I don't blame him, it's beautiful.

Around us there were kids running and playing in the water, building sandcastles. Parents were talking with others while keeping an eye on their boys and girls.

"Can we get a dog?" I asked. The taller brunette looked at me like I was crazy and then started laughing. "What?" I pouted.

"Honey, we're never home enough." He chuckled. "But if you want one, why not."

"YAY!"

***

Should I do a part 2 with Matthew in the playoffs?

WC: 509