First Glances - Keaton Peters

TW: mentions of parental abandonment

Arwen is over life.

All it seems to do is throw curveballs towards her. Her parents left the minute she turned 18 and left her on the streets for two months until a friend came and took her in, then that friend decided she didn't care about Arwen anymore and kicked her out.

Since then she's thrown herself into work, which she has been promoted up to a photographer for the Lincoln Stars USHL team. Walking into the arena, a player on the team rushed by her, sparing her a quick glance. Through that glance the two made quick eye contact and she could've sworn that her heart skipped a few beats.

No, Arwen. She thought to herself, shaking her head back and forth a few times. Sighing to herself, she continued on her journey down to where she's supposed to sit and take a few photos of the team for their practice.

The boys all came out onto the ice and skated laps around until their coach blew the whistle and they all went to center ice for their drill. Unexpectedly, one of the players looked her way once more and made eye contact. But this time she recognized him.

Keaton Peters.

To her knowledge, this is his third season with the team as a forward. However, this season he was named alternate captain. She's been following this team since she was a kid and so therefore she knows everything about everyone on the team. He looked away after realizing he was caught and paid attention to his coach. 

*after practice*

●○○○

○●○○

○●○○

○○●○

○○●○

○○○●

○○○●

officallincolnstars

Caption: some photos from practice taken by @arwen.green
Liked by arwen.green, keaton.peters04, and 2.3k others

Comments:

keaton.peters04: Massie in the third pic helpp

user24792: Keaton's so fine broo

user95837: Arwen takes such good pictures omg!

load more...

---

Arwen smiled at her work on the Instagram page of the team. She packed her camera away and began leaving. Instead, she heard a voice shouting her name down the hallway.

"Arwen!" She turned around and saw a familiar player standing across from her. 

"Keaton Peters?" The girl asked, shocked.

"Yeah." He smiled. "I was just wondering if maybe you wanna go out for lunch? You don't have to b-" He was cut off by her answer.

"I'd love to." She replied.

***

JACK HUGHES IS BACK BABY OMFG I'M DYING I SAW IT IN CLASS AND IT TOOK EVERYTHING IN ME NOT TO CELEBRATE

WC: 474