Calm Down - Mark Estapa

Number 94, Mark Estapa, 10 minutes for fighting

I sighed as I heard Mark getting another penalty. I'm by the glass and opposite of the penalty box, so I could see Mark's frustrated face.

Someone on the other team was chirping Mark and he finally had enough and dropped the gloves. He leads his team in penalty minutes and this just added to them. It's been bothering him yet he won't try and prevent it. 

After 10 minutes, he was back on the ice but coach benched him all of the third period. I was pissed for him. After the game he's gonna be in a foul mood.

*Post game interview*

Interviewer: italics
Mark: Bold

Mark, how did this game go for the team?

Uhm, it went well. The team won the game which is good. Nolan and Brendan both got hatties with another goal from Luke, so I'm happy for them.

How about you? How did getting 3 penalties plus the 10 minute feel?

Oh, uh, not good obviously. You never want to try and get that many penalties in a game.

Well, how does it feel to hold the most penalty minutes for your team?

We're done here.

Mark stormed out of the room with steam practically coming out of his ears. He stormed into the locker room and I just watched, knowing he might need a minute to cool down. Those thoughts left my mind when Nolan came out.

"Yo Lavender!" Nolan shouted down the hallway. I looked up from my phone. He pointed towards the locker room. "Mark isn't moving. He's sitting in his locker with his head in his hands."

"Shit." I mumbled before running into the locker room, Nolan hot on my tail. When I opened the door, I saw Mark sitting there and mumbling words to himself. I walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He jumped at the contact and looked at me. 

"Wh- What are you doing here?" Mark stuttered. In response, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his head into the crook of my neck. Tears fell out of his eyes. "They hate me. The media hates me, the fans hate me.." He trailed off and hugged me closer to him if that was possible.

After about 20 minutes, Mark was calmed down and we were driving to his apartment. When we got there, Mark changed into sweats and a t-shirt before crawling into bed with me. I brought his head to my chest and he sighed in content. 

"Lav?" Mark asked me, turning his head to look up.

"Yes?"

"Why does the media hate me?

"Oh sweetie. The media doesn't hate you."

"But my penalty minutes! That's all they wanna talk about." Mark had tears coming to his eyes. One fell down his cheek and I wiped it away.

"It doesn't matter what the media says, okay? Your fans love you. Your team is so happy to have you. And me? I love you so so much. I'm so proud of how far you've made it." I said, looking down at him. He smiled up at me and hugged me closer to him if that was possible.

"Will you move in with me?" Mark asked suddenly.

"Wha- yes." I stuttered slightly. Mark's eyes lit up at the sound of the word that left my mouth.

"Really?" I nodded in response, kissing his lips. "Yay!" He yelled, running around with me laughing in the background.

It was perfect

***

Requested by katiegrey22

WC: 564