Training Camp - Connor Bedard

Y'all don't hate on Mia this chapter-

Today is the first day of team training as the hockey season inches closer. I was signed to the Calgary Flames while Connor was signed to the Chicago Blackhawks. We're both at training camp right now doing our separate training with two different coaches. I'm exhausted. 

My entire body is sore since I've done a bunch of lower and upper body along with core. The day is finally over after media took a few more pictures for socials. I grabbed my towel and water and sat down on one of the benches in the gym. I melted into the seat as my entire body screamed at me. The spot next to me creaked slightly and I turned to see Connor sitting beside me.

"Tired?" He asked me. I nodded.

"And sore." I complained and leaned my head against his shoulder. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"That's what it does to you." He said as I silently agreed. "It's way worse than WHL training camp." He joked out of the blue. I burst out laughing and nodded, agreeing once more.

"God that rock wall simulator thing." I breathed out another laugh. My brother is at WHL training camp right now, left a few days ago, and he was complaining about having to do it again lol. This time it was Connor's turn to laugh. 

"That was hell." He nodded. I sighed as my eyes involuntarily started to close.

"Can we go to the hotel?" I asked him. He nodded and grabbed my hands, pulling me to stand.

Connor called an Uber to the hotel and it got here quick. 20 minutes later we were there. I showered and changed as he did the same. I flopped onto the queen bed in the room and shoved my face into the pillow. Two hands pulled it away though and placed my cheek on the pillow.

"You do that and you'll accidentally suffocate yourself." Connor said. I nodded, not listening to a word he just said. 

He climbed into bed with me and pulled me over to him. My body heated up in the cold room. I cuddled closer to him, seeking more of his warmth. He smiled and kissed my head.

"Goodnight." He mumbled.

***

This was a nice change from my last Connor imagine, eh? She didn't die.

WC: 387