Broken English - Leo Carlsson

"LETS GO BABY!" Trevor yelled as the team all walked back to their locker rooms. Eleana laughed loudly as she and Leo walked walked in behind McTavish.

"Helvete dumhuvud." She mumbled and Leo bent over, laughing hard while the others wondered what she had said.

"Come on, Eleana. You now we don't speak Swedish." Trev whined loudly. The media people chuckled as they continued filming the interaction.

The girl only shook her head with a smile. She doesn't speak much English, so she chooses mostly to not speak to others with the fear of messing up and humiliating herself. She also asked to not do any interviews unless it's for Swedish viewers.

"You do not need to be afraid to speak, min kärlek." Leo whispered to his girlfriend beside him. She gave him a slight smile and leaned her head against his padded shoulder.

"Men tänk om jag säger något fel och förödmjukar mig själv?" She rambled to his boyfriend while his hand rubbed over her shoulder. He chuckled slightly and shook his head.

"Är inte ditt första språk, älskling. Vem bryr sig om det inte är perfekt?" He soothed her. She sighed and nodded.

"GUYS WE DID IT!" Trevor continued yelling after a minute. "WE BEAT THE KNIGHTS!" Everyone cheered loudly, even Eleana. 

"Hell yeah!" She yelled through the cheers. Trevor smiled upon hearing the small bit of English. When both she and Leo came to Anaheim he took them under his wing and mentored them, but this was one of the first times he's heard the English from her.

"Made them 11-0-1 baby!" Jamie yelled. Coach walked in and everyone settled down. He spoke a few words before leaving to let them all change.

Everyone got changed into their game day outfits and gradually left the room. Leo and Eleana were two of the last people left in the room. The girl tucked into his side while he fixed the cuffs of his sleeves. He smiled and leaned his head against hers, putting his sleeve down.

"You ready to go, love?" He asked her softly. She nodded but didn't make an effort to move.

Instead, he tucked an arm under her shoulders and an arm under her legs, lifting the girl up in his arms and holding her close. She shivered slightly once the cold air hit her and curled more into her boyfriend's arms to seek warmth. His smile grew slightly. 

Once they reached the car, he placed her in the passenger seat and turned on her heated seat to make her more comfortable. She had fallen asleep on the short walk to the car so he turned the music down low so that she didn't wake up.

*An hour later*

Leo had put Eleana into her pajamas and tucker her under the warm sheets of their bed in their small, one bedroom apartment. He now resided in the living room watching the replays of the game. Until footsteps sounded from down the hallway. 

"Baby? What are you d-doing? At this late?" A tired Eleana asked once she rounded the corner. I'm so sorry I suck at writing broken English. She flopped on the couch next to him with a heavy blanket wrapped around her.

"Just watching the retapes of the game." He smiled at her. The two watch them together until they had eventually fallen asleep next to each other on the couch.

***

Someone teach me how to write broken English I beg

WC: 563