Exhausted - Jake Oettinger

"I'm so tired please just sleep." I begged Autumn, my newborn daughter, who wouldn't stop crying. Jake is away on a roadie right now so it's just me. 

She hasn't slept for more than an hour this entire time and during that time I'm cleaning the kitchen's mess. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. She finally stopped crying an hour later so I set her down and prayed she'd go to sleep, which she did. I dragged myself into the living room and layed on the couch, a tear slipping down my cheek.

I fell asleep ten minutes later on the couch, a blanket wrapped tightly around my shoulders. Twenty minutes later I woke up to the sound of the door opening and shutting quietly. I sat up slightly and saw Jake walking in. He saw me on the couch and walked over.

"Why're you on the couch, baby?" He asked me softly, pressing a gentle kiss on my forehead. I faced him.

"I'm bloody exhausted." I whispered and layed back down shutting my eyes. He sighed and layed with me, changed into sweats from the plane ride back.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. I shook my head telling him not to. Right on cue, Autumn started crying. I groaned silently and went to get up before Jake grabbed my arm and pulled me down. "Nuh uh. Mama needs to sleep." He scolded me, getting up and walking to Autumn's room.

Jake's POV

I walked into Autumns room and saw the little one month crying her eyes out. Pour Ashton. I thought to myself. I grabbed the baby in my arms and rocked her, trying to quiet her down, but she wouldn't. I sat down in a chair and fed her a bottle which quieted her down and got her to sleep.

I sighed in relief and placed her back in her crib. As I walked down the stairs I noticed that Ashton fell asleep on the couch. I smiled and picked her up, careful not to wake her. When I got to our room, I placed her on the bed and pulled the covers over her. 

I got in after I showered and changed into a pair of shorts. I wrapped my arms around her and sighed in content. I fell asleep short after.

Only to be woken up ten minutes later to Autumn.

***

I don't like kids. I don't want kids. This was me projecting it.

WC: 398