The Devils - Hughes Brothers (Minus Quinn)

I know y'all love Sky, but this is gonna be another sister I'm adding to the Hughes fam bc I may as well just keep expanding them.

Background: Alexis "Alex" Hughes, Luke's younger twin sister by 2 minutes, defenseman for the NJ Devils, drafted fifth overall in the 2021 draft (right after Luke), closest with Luke and Jack since she never hung out with Quinn that much.

"Throw the damn ball, Jack!" Alexis yelled at her older brother from her spot beside Luke. Jack shot her glare while Luke laughed.

He threw the ball in the air and the circle of boys, plus Alex, started up their game of sewer ball while chirping one another. Luke went to hit the ball but missed because Jack head butted it straight to the floor.

They argued playfully as Jack did some stupid action with his body, bending down like he had done moments before to the ball. Alex and the others cleared as the argument went to a 1 v 1 of sewer ball between the brothers. Luke did the same thing that Jack did, Jack missing, and Luke may a gesture as to say that's what he means.

She ran over to Luke and jumped on his back. He grunted at the weight.

"What the f-f-fudge..Alex." Luke almost swore until remembering they were being filmed for social media. Anyone get the OBX reference?

They continued playing sewer ball until they needed to get ready for warmups. Alex shares with the boys because none of them are stupid enough to try anything with her while 2 of her 3 brothers are on the same team as them.

They stepped onto the ice, Alex joking around with Nico as they skated slowly around their half of the ice. Luke and Jack were both standing by the center line, both sending glares towards their captain.

Luke eventually skated over and pulled Alex away, claiming that he wanted to warm up with her. They both stood about 10 feet apart, passing back and forth between each other.

"You pass pucks like Sky!" Alex chirped as Luke passed slightly to her right. He rolled his eyes, fighting the urge to flip her off as their is kids watching. "Don't roll your eyes. It sets a bad example for kids watching." She joked. Luke skated forward and tackled her onto the ice as they both laughed.

The jumbotron switched to where Jack was, jumping onto Alex who was in Luke, creating a pile of Hughes'. The three laughed as people jokingly cheered "fight! fight!" whilst they stood up and continued their warm ups.

*After game*

"WOOOO!" Alex cheered as she walked into the dressing room, looking straight into the camera that was getting the players walking in. Mercer laughed as the 5'5 woman cheered the loudest of them all.

"You know, kid-" Alexis cut him off with a whole lecture about how she's only 2 years younger. Jack laughed loudly at his sister, having heard the same lecture multiple times.

Alex walked over to her stall, which is next to Luke's, and placed her head on his shoulder. She had used up her energy cheering and was now absolutely exhausted. Her gear was only on from waist down but she was to tired to get it off.

"Lukeee." Alex called. Luke hummed in acknowledgement. "When am I gonna see Lacey again?" She pouted. Alex and Lacey are extremely close and spend most of their time with each other when not hanging with the Hughes family. 

"Uhh whenever she comes over next?" He answered more as a question. The girl sat up with a groan and got the rest of her gear off.

Jack, being the good brother he is, gave his sister a piggy back ride to the car while Luke trailed behind them, calling Lacey. Of course.

Alexis's sleeping figure was placed gently into the back of the car by her older brother and the door was shut. Jack got into the drivers seat and the devils were off to the races. Well, their small apartment.

***

Yeah I added another Hughes sibling. What about it?

Anyway, in the picture is it just me or does it look like Jack's going in for the kiss?

WC: 689