Restless - Nico Hischier

"I need to go back." Nico whined to Maria, who was laughing from the couch. 

"I know you do, babe. You will soon." Her hand travelled to his hair and he laid his head on her shoulder.

The two were sitting on the couch watching the Devils game. Jack was just told he could come back and was playing, scoring within the first ten minutes of the first period. But now they're down 5-3 with 1:30 minutes left in the third. Nico is stressed because the Devils haven't been doing so well all of a sudden since Jack and Nico got injured.

They're getting there by not as fast as the man would like them too. The buzzer went and the team skated off, all of their faces holding the same look. Sighing, Maria pulled out her phone and sent a group text to Luke and Jack, her brothers, saying that they both played very well and the ending was just unfortunate. 

"Why can't I go back?" Nico asked his girlfriend. The girl chuckled as he brought his head off of her shoulder to look at her.

"Because you're injured, love. Like I've mentioned for the last few games." She answered once again. He rolled his eyes and laid his head on her shoulder once more.

He grabbed the remote and put on a random Hallmark movie, their guilty pleasure. Ever since he got injured he's been wanting to watch more and more Hallmark movies, despite trying to tell his girlfriend he didn't like them.

This one was called A Merry Scottish Christmas. As always, it's very cringy but very good. After the movie Maria turned on an AJHL game since her friend's little brother has a game tonight. He plays for the Okotoks Oilers. Nico had gone into the kitchen but seemed to be gone for a while.

"Nico?" Maria called as she walked into the kitchen. She looked around the corner and saw him texting his doctor and asking when he could play. He looked over at her with a guilty look.

"Uhh.." He tried to come up with something but couldn't.

She shook her head and took his phone, texting his doctor an apology, before dragging him back to the couch. He pouted at her but she just glared.

"Nico! You know that healing takes time." She scolded him after a moment. He gave her his best puppy dog eyes but she just rolled her own.

"You know I get restless when I'm injured, baby, come on please!" Nico begged for forgiveness. Maria glanced and finally cracked.

"Fine. Just be patient, love." Maria told him sternly. He nodded quickly and laid his head in her lap. Her hand once more found his hair as the restless boy finally relaxed for the first time in days.

***

THE GIF THE GIF THE GIF THE GIF THE GIF THE GIF THE GIF

WC: 471