Lies - Dalibor Dvorský

I have been scrolling through the comments of a picture Dalibor posted of us two on draft night. He's at a practice so I know I won't need to worry. There were so many pretty girls in his comments commenting about me. 

"She's so fat"
"Look at her stomach!"
"Puck bunny"

Tears were streaming down my face as I read them. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't pull my eyes away. Hearing the door to mine and Dalibor's apartment open, I shut off my phone and wiped my tears. I plastered on a fake smile and turned to the Slovakian who entered.

"Hi." I said, keeping the shakiness in my voice hopefully not noticeable. I failed.

"You okay, Láska?" He asked with concern in his voice. My eyes widened slightly.

"Uh, yeah. Why wouldn't they be?" I laughed nervously. His look said he didn't believe me.

"Your voice is..erm..shaky I think is the word?" He pointed out. My smile faultered slightly as he figured it out, which didn't go unnoticed. "What happened?" He asked me while sitting and grabbing my hands in his.

I looked away and tried to subtly scooch my phone away. Dalibor noticed, though, and reached over for my phone. I tried standing up with a washroom excuse but he didn't let me leave, obviously seeing right through me.

He unlocked my phone since we know each other's passwords. I'd never give my nonexistent boyfriend/girlfriend bruh, but for the sake of the imagine ig. I looked down at my hands as they suddenly became interesting while he was scrolling through comments, glancing up at me a couple times.

I was playing with my hands when suddenly my phone was set down on the coffee table in front of us. Dalibor pulled me into his lap, arms wrapped around me tightly as a few tears fell from my eyes. He rubbed his hands up and down my arms.

After a few minutes, Dalibor spoke up. "You know.." He began which gained my attention. "They're all lying." He told me. I shook my head in disbelief. He sighed knowing that whatever he says won't break me.

Dalibor's POV

Emilia fell asleep in my arms after around an hour. I picked her up and tucked her into bed, placing a light kiss on her forehead. Strolling into the living room, I sat down on the couch and pulled my phone out. I went through more comments on my recent post and frowned at them.

Why are people such assholes? All we're doing is celebrating and having fun. I got drafted and I want to spend it with the love of my life. What's so wrong with that? I decided to make a post calling out the fans. I picked out some of my best photos and captioned it.

 I picked out some of my best photos and captioned it

●○○○○○