Sleep Tight - Connor Bedard

Y'all better get prepared. This is with Connor because I was gonna do an alternate ending for the other one but decided not to and I was to lazy to change it lol so yeah.

Connor's POV

Me and Mia are going out for dinner tonight. We haven't had time together alone since March I think? She's in Chicago with me for 2 more days before she goes back to Vancouver. We're going to a fancy Italian restaurant near my apartment.

I'm really excited. Dates have never happened often between us since we've both always been busy but tonight I made sure the both of us would have nothing planned. We both love Italian food and this is one of the best places in Chicago.

I got into my car and turned up our favourite song, Love Story. I turned my GPS on and headed to the restaurant in downtown. Once I got there I told them my name since I had a reservation and they lead me to a table on the patio with a beautiful lake view. 

I grabbed the menu and started looking. I got myself a drink while I waited. 15 minutes..20 minutes..time passed by quickly but I brushed it off as traffic. You know, Chicago and their traffic. I grabbed my phone and tried to call her. Voicemail. I texted her multiple times but they didn't go through. I asked my waitress for the bill.

I sighed and looked up with tears in my eyes as they lowered Mia's casket into the hole pre dug. They covered the hole as we all stood around it, silently crying. An hour later everyone had left except for me. I stood over her grave as tears clouded my vision once more. I placed the flowers down as a quiet sob left my mouth.

"Sleep tight love." I whispered as I walked away, a piece of me dying as I did.

***

So hey y'all haha..

This is a bit of a sadder one because I'm sad rn. My brother just left for Brandon this morning and I fr never cry except for them. I miss him so this is an emo one.

WC: 356