On The Bench - Quinn Hughes

INCOMING CHILD IMAGINEEE

Background: Marla "Mars" Hughes, 3 years old, loves skating, Quinn is a single father bc I said so, the two are very close, Marla thinks of all the Canucks as uncles/older brothers (depending on their age)

"Mars, sweetie, it's time to leave." Quinn told his daughter who was squirming in his arms.

"But I'm sleepy." She pouted at her father. He chuckled.

"You can sleep in the car, okay?" He told her. She nodded quickly.

The 24 year old put on her little converse and threw on her little "Hughes" jersey. She held her arms high, well as high as she can put them, in the air to signal to Quinn that she wanted to be picked up and he understood. Grabbing her gently, he lifted her onto his hip.

He walked down the flight of stairs of the apartment and headed over to his car. Placing the almost sleeping girl in the car seat, he got in and started driving. He kept the music on low when the girl in the back fell asleep.

15 minutes later they both arrived. Quinn woke Marla up and walked back to the locker room. She squirmed, so he put her down, and she ran straight into Brock's open arms. They're the closest on the team, other than Quinn and her obviously. 

"Hey, little Hughes." Brock cheered, lifting up the girl. He had his gear on waist down. "Tired?" He asked her when he leaned against his body while being sat in his lap.

She nodded slightly. Quinn, from across the room, took a picture of the two. He smiled down at his phone and sent it to the admin, per her request, to post on the Canucks social media. Out of all his daughter's friendships, this one has got to be his favourite.

"Sleep, mini H." Boeser whispered to the toddler in his arms. Once she fell asleep, he walked over to the fluffy chair they put in the corner for her and tucked her under a blanket.

He jumped at a hand on his shoulder when he stood up. Looking over his shoulder, he saw his captain standing there with a smile. Placing a playful glare on his face, he glared at the shorter man behind him.

"No need to do that now, Hughesy." He laughed. 

50 minutes later the game was starting. Marla stood on the bench beside the coaches and directly behind her father. She played with the ends of his hair occasionally when he said she could. Other times she was intensely watching the game and "chirping" the other team. The team obviously heard her but just laughed along, knowing it's all fun in games coming from a small child.

"Mars." Quinn "scolded" his daughter after she accidentally pulled his hair pretty hard. 

"I'm sorry, daddy." She pouted sadly. He smiled.

"It's okay, baby. I'm not mad, okay? Just be gentle." He knelt down to her height, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead. 

The Canucks admin smiled and looked through her pictures of the daddy-daughter duo to post in honor of it being one whole year since Marla has been going to their practices and games when her mom up and left.

cancucks✔️

cancucks✔️

Caption: Quinn Hughes and his daughter, Marla 😍
Liked by jackhughes, lhughes_06, and 103k others
Tagged: @_quinnhughes

Comments

@jackhughes✔️: Our favourite Hughes!
liked by creator

@user64297: aww

@user29476: no wonder she left them
↳@lhughes_06: @user29476 how about you shut up and leave?

and 56k others..

***

I LOVE FATHER QUINN. NEW FAV QUINN.

WC: 629