Winter Cuddles - Connor Bedard

TW: slight mentions of father abandonment FOR THE PLOT OKAY

"LETS GO BOYS!" Mia yelled as they walked back to the locker room after a 5-3 win to the Tampa Bay Lightning. GIRL I'M DYING, TO THE PERSON WHO ASKED FOR A TEAM TO WIN AGAINST TAMPA THEY ACTUALLY WON AGAINST TAMPA IT'S SO CONVENIENT. "Easy dub." She pointed at the camera with her hand in her blocker.

The rest of the team cheered along as they went to their respective stalls. Connor got four points, three in the first period, and the team was ecstatic with him. All of them chatted, more like yelled, among each other until coach walked back and announced it's time to give out player of the game among the team. Everyone still had the bottom halves of their gear on.

"I thought everyone put a, a really solid effort in after our chat after the game." Hall started. "Figgy, way to get us going. D, you guys are awesome, play for most of the five games. But, Bedsy, four points." He walked over to Connor as he stood up and handed off the chain. The locker room cheered.

"SPEECH!" Some of the guys yelled. Connor put the chain on and started his "speech."

He grinned shortly before speaking. "Uhm..good win guys. Moms will be fired up." Everyone started cheering at that and the end of his speech was muffled out.

Turning around, he hung the chain on the hook of his stall and sat down on the bench. Mia, who had quickly changed into her game day clothing, leaned on Connor's bare shoulder and closed her eyes. She's the team's starting goalie so she got quite the workout in the game. He laughed  slightly, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"Tired?" He joked. She leaned off of his shoulder and glared at him. "Hey chill." He joked once more. She slapped his shoulder lightly as he laughed.

"Just finish getting changed." She chuckled to herself. 

He got out of the rest of his gear and put on his game day suit as well. Standing up, he reached an arm out to his tired girlfriend, who took it with no hesitation. She leaned her body into him and tucked comfortably into his side. A smile overtook his features while his arm wrapped tighter around her when the cold Chicago air hit them.

"I'm tired." She complained as they walked towards their car. 

"I know baby." He rubbed her shoulder with his hand. "We'll be home soon. You can sleep in the car, okay?" He told her. She nodded slightly and closed her eyes, basically having Connor drag her to the car.

Once they got in, Mia wasted no time to turn on her heated seat and lay her head on the window, falling asleep rather quickly. Connor drove home carefully as to not wake up the sleeping goalie on his right. Upon arriving at their apartment, he slowly picked her up and walked up the one flight of stairs to the one bedroom apartment.

He placed her gently on the bed and changed her into her pajamas, tucking her under the warm duvet on the queen bed. After that, he himself took a quick shower and changed into a pair of sweatpants, a hoodie and a very warm pair of socks. Their apartment's heating didn't work yet, so they decided on warm clothing until the company can fix it. 

When Connor walked back into their room, he saw Mia sitting on the bed with a frown displayed on her face. He rose an eyebrow with a questioning look on his face.

"What?" He asked her in a slightly scared tone.

"You left me here." She whined. Connor knows that the girl is anxious that everyone's gonna leave her, ever since her father left her. So because of that, he always tries to stay with the girl, and he's never complained on bit.

He ran over to her and hugged her tight, falling on top of her 5'8 body. "You know I wouldn't leave you, love. You were asleep and I didn't want to wake you, so I went to shower quickly and came right back." He frantically explained, kissing her head lightly.

"I'm sorry." She muttered. "I don't know why I'm like this. How haven't you left me?" She asked quietly.

"Baby, you're one of the best girls I know. You, my mom and Madison." He mumbled into her hair. "I don't care if you have separation anxiety. I love you for who you are." The girl in his arms smiled bright and kissed him. "I love you so, so much." He whispered.

"I love you." She whispered back. "But get off of me. You're heavy as fuck." She groaned, pushing the boy off of her. He didn't move, however, using his strength to grip the sheets and stay put. "I hate you." Mia sighed out of defeat.

"No you don't." Connor told her with a smirk. 

Mia stood up, after Connor moved, and grabbed her phone. She dialed Melanie's number and waited for it to ring. As soon as he noticed, Connor reached out for the phone but it was too late as the ringing was replaced with the voice of the Queen herself, Melanie Bedard.

"Hey, Mia!" She exclaimed into the speaker.

"Mel your son is an asshole." Mia whined to the Bedard woman. 

"CONNOR BEDARD!" She scolded her son over the phone. Connor's eyes widened and he ran out of the room.

Mia and Melanie talked for a few more minutes before hanging up. She walked out of the room to see her boyfriend on the couch watching one of the hockey games. Walking over, she leaned into his right side since his right arm was up on the back of the couch. That arm came down around her shoulders, warming her up in their cold apartment.

Connor grabbed a blanket from beside him and wrapped the material around his slightly shivering girlfriend. He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. She turned her head up and smiled at him, curling her legs up to her chest and watching the hockey game.

This is how winters with them were spent. Curled up with each other, cuddling to keep each other warm, with a hockey game on the TV. And there is nothing about it that either one would change.

***

THIS. IS. WHAT. I. WANT. IT. A. RELATIONSHIP.

My guy's actually ripped though dude

WC: 1060