The Outsiders - Trevor Zegras

CONTAINS SPOILERS TO THE OUTSIDERS (basically summarized the whole book lol)

TW: burns, death, grief (in case you wanna read this but haven't seen the movie/book)

Trevor just arrived back at he and Amelia's apartment after a long couple hours of watching practice. He and Jamie are still injured so they're resorted to watching practice and doing film study. But that's all they're cleared to do for now. Upon walking in, he saw Amelia crying on the couch with a book in hand.

He chuckled and closed the door. "What book this time, sweetheart?" Trev asked with a grin. The girl looked up at him with teary eyes.

"Dally just got shot dead." She cried. He once again chuckled and pulled the girl into his arms.

"It's alright. Remember, it's just a book." That's what got her, and he regretted saying it knowing the lecture coming next. He groaned as her brown eyes stared up at him.

"It is NOT just a book. It's a story of the gang of seven, The Greasers, Ponyboy, Darry, Sodapop, Dally, Johnny, Steve, and Two-Bit. They get into trouble. Then there's the Socs. They're from the rich part of town and cause trouble, beating up greasers left and right. When Darry hit Pony on accident, Pony left with Johnny to the lot. But they went to the park where they got attacked by Socs. Pony almost got drowned by Johnny stabbed the guy, killing him. Immediately, they went to Dally's and he helped get them to an old, abandoned Church on Jay Mountain in Windrixville, Oklahoma. There they camp out until Dally tells them it's safe a week later. After getting to the Church to grab their stuff they notice it's on fire. Pony and Johnny run in to save some kids and as Pony got out he realized that Johnny wasn't with him. Dally went to go and get him but the building collapsed on Johnny!" She took a deep breath and paused for a moment.

"Wow-" Trevor started but was cut off by Amelia's glare.

"You wanna be an asshole you know you get the rundowns of books." She pointed out. He sighed and nodded, knowing that's true. "Anyway, the three boys were all put into hospital. Pony was fine and was released. Darry was extremely worried and hugged his brother right away. Later on in the book, Johnny dies from the burns and Dally can't handle the grief of losing the person he cared about most in the world. So he went out and robbed the first store he could find and when the police caught him running and saw his gun, which was empty by the way, they shot him dead on the spot. In front of all of his friends. AND THAT WAS THE END." She cried again.

"I've read the book, love. I know. It hurts right now, but it'll get better." Trevor tried comforting her after her dump but was unsuccessful. He knew how much she related to Dally: came from the rough end of NY, no parents to care about her, moved to small town Bedford where she met him and now she couldn't bare to lose him or any of the rest of their group. 

She and the group, the Hughes brothers, Trev, Cole Caufield, Matt Williams, Dylan Larkin, and Niko Porikos, have grown extremely close over the last little while. The girl would kill for them, her brothers from other mothers. Other than Trevor, who's her boyfriend.

"But what if I make some dumb mistake like that because I only care about one group of people?" She asked him with a frown.

"You're not going to, alright? Remember, that was made in 1967. Times have changed a lot since then, my love." He told her, kissing the top of her head. She smiled up at him and cuddled into his side gently as to not injure his lower body any more.

His smile grew on his face as he grabbed the TV remote from his left. Pressing the power button, he turned on some random Hallmark movie and sunk back into the couch, enjoying the time he has with his now happy girlfriend.

***

The group is based off the first group with tags on Trevor's Instagram and that was back in summer 2022.

THE OUTSIDERS IS ACTUALLY SO DEPRESSING THOUGH LIKE I CRIED FOR DAYSS AFTER DALLY DIED. HE WAS MY FAV.

WC: 725