Late Night Chats - Jack Hughes

Jack's POV

"Carlaaaaaa~" I dragged out as I walked throughout the house. We're driving up to the Hughes Cabin on the lake today with Luke to meet the rest of the family. I walked into Alex's room and saw her getting him dressed.

Going against my gut feeling, I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She jumped in surprise and turned around about to punch me in the face.

"Woah there." I exclaimed as I grabbed stopped her fist from punching me in the face. She slapped me in the chest before turning around and finishing with Alex.

"You asshole." She mumbled in Swedish as I laughed. I kissed her temple a walked into our bedroom to grab the rest of the stuff. As I brought it to the door someone knocked.

"Ay he's actually on time." I joked when I saw Luke walk in. He gave me a mocking look before rolling his eyes and helping me bring bags down the car. We're taking Carla's car because she has a SUV so it's bigger.

Luke got in the front as Carla came and put Alex in his seat before sitting next to him. I went to connect my phone to aux when a hand slapped mine away.

"Bro what the he-" I cut myself off when I saw the look Carla was giving me. Luke smirked before connecting his phone.

*Sometime later*

"We're hereee" I said tiredly. It's about midnight now and Luke's sleeping, Carla's sleeping, and Alex's sleeping. I rubbed my eyes before grabbing Alex and bringing him in and getting him settled in his crib. 

I woke Luke up to help bring in the bags while I carried Carla up to our room. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead as I walked out and helped Luke. After putting the bags in their respective rooms, I sat on the couch.

"Whatcha doin'?" Luke whispered as he sat beside me.

"Nothing. Just thinking." I said, not looking up. 

"About what?" He pushed. I shook my head not wanting to answer. "Come on. You and me used to tell each other everything!"

"I.." I sighed. "I wanna propose to Carla and I don't know how to do it. She's either busy with Alex or something else." I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked over to Luke.

"I can babysit?" He suggested. I gave him a confused look. "What? I've done it before? It's pretty easy." I laughed.

"Try being the dad. It ain't as easy as we make it seem." I chuckled lightly. "Well, I should go to bed. I'll chat with you about that tomorrow." I saw his face light up as I walked off.

I changed into a pair of sweats and a Devils t-shirt before getting into bed. I turned the light off and pulled Carla into me as she smiled in her sleep. I smiled against her skin as I let darkness overcome me.

***

WC: 483