Outta The Playoffs - Connor Bedard

Edited 02/15/2024

As the time counted down the last few seconds of the game, Mia sighed. The Pats had just lost to the Blades in game 7 of the WHL playoffs and they didn't look happy. The Blades were jumping on Austin Elliot, the goalie, and were shouting with glee while the Pats were standing or kneeling on the ice, tears in most of their eyes.

The worst part is that Mia's boyfriend, Connor Bedard, is the captain and he missed multiple shots, including a toe drag. He wasn't going to be happy with this and she could see it in the gloomy look in his eyes.

Mia sighed. After the two teams shook hands and the Pats all left the ice, she gathered her things and went down to the locker rooms. After showing security her pass that Connor had given her at the beginning of the season and getting through, she leaned against the wall to wait. 

After a few minutes, players started filing out, all wearing the same sad expression. Connor was one of the last out and he walked straight towards his girlfriend and pulled her into a hug, resting his head in the crook of her neck. She wrapped her arms around his neck and played with his wet hair gently.

"Lets get you home, okay?" She told him. He slowly nodded and they went to her car since she had driven them there.

Time skip, Connor's house

Once the two got to Connor's house they both walked up to the door. After Connor unlocked the door, Mia unhooked her arm from his and backed up slightly before speaking.

"Well, this is where we part." Mia said quietly, looking up at Connor.

"Will you stay? Please?" He whispered almost inaudibly. She nodded slowly and he cracked a small smile for the first time since before the game.

When they got into his house, Mia said hi to his billet and they both went to his room. Connor flopped onto his bed, his suit jacket flying everywhere as he landed on his stomach. Mia sat beside him and he put his head into her lap, sighing contently. 

She decided it would be best not to talk about the game unless he wanted to. Instead, she removed his jacket and shoes so he would be more comfortable. Well, as comfortable as one can be in a suit.

"Why don't you go change into comfortable clothing?" Mia asked him. Connor nodded and stood up, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and walking into the bathroom. She quickly changed into a pair of shorts that she has there and one of Connor's old shirts. 

The bathroom door opened and Connor threw his clothing into a laundry hamper nearby and jumped into his bed, shoving his face into the pillow. He looked up at his girlfriend, pouting and making grabby hands. Mia chuckled lightly, sitting on his bed and pulling him into her lap.

"Mia?" Connor asked in a quiet voice.

"Yeah?" She replied, absentmindedly playing with his hair.

"Can I ask you something?" He sounded like he really needed to get something off of his chest.

"Of course. What's up?" Her hand stopped playing with his hair to fully pay attention to his question.

"Am I actually as good as other say? I mean, I don't even know anymore. I couldn't even take my team to the second round."

Mia looked down at Connor with a confused look. His face was twisted in pain and confusion, with a hint of sadness. 

"What do you mean? Of course you're as good as everyone says. Hell, you're better." She answered with full honesty. Connor looked up at her, a smile etching onto his features.

"Thank you." He said, hugging her waist tightly. She pressed a light kiss on his forehead before turning off the light and letting sleep overcome her.

***

Y'all, me and my dad were watching the game. We really wanted Regina to win bc we don't like Sask that much haha

Also, last Bedard imagine for a bit. I've done a LOT lmao.

WC: 665