Taking care of my mother ¡ Raine [The owl house]

Pov Y/n

Pov Y/n

"Raine, I've been taking care of everything in this house and I'm completely exhausted and my magic too. I just need twenty minutes to myself."

"Mom, I totally understand. You've been doing so much lately. Take all the time you need. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Thank you, sweetheart. Your support means the world to me. Just make sure your younger siblings are occupied and don't need anything for the next twenty minutes."

They whistles for them glass of water. "Don't worry, mom. I'll take care of them. You go and relax. You deserve it."

"You're such a responsible and caring child, Raine. I'm grateful to have you in my life." Raine helps me settle down in a quiet room and closes the door. I sit down on a comfortable chair. "Finally, some peace and quiet." I take a deep breath and closes my eyes, enjoying the moment of solitude. "I need this time to recharge and gather my thoughts. Being a parent is rewarding but can be overwhelming at times." As I start to relax, I hear a knock on the door.

"Mom, I'm sorry to disturb you, but your phone is ringing. It might be important."

"Can you please check who it is? If it's not urgent, ask them to call back later."

"Sure, Mom. I'll handle it." Raine goes to answer the phone while I try to regain my composure. "It was just Dell carpenter checking in. He said he can call back later if you want."

"Thank you for letting him know. I appreciate you taking care of things for me, Raine."

"Of course, Mom. That's what family is for. Take your time and relax. I'll make sure everything runs smoothly while you have your well-deserved break."

I take a deep breath and close my eyes again, feeling grateful for the support of my nonbinary child, Raine.