nightime routine - matt

requested?: yes!

summary!: hi ik you already did a family imagine for matt but last one was so cute. can you do one where matt and the reader get back from the park and do their night time routine with the daughter and go to bed please?? btw i LOVE YOUR BOOK<3

notes!: thank you for the request, hope you enjoy it! :) this is also kinda a part 2 to my "family weekend" imagine !

y/n's pov
after spending almost the whole day outside and at the park, lily started getting tired, so we decided to go home. "daddy i'm tired," she walked over to matt, lifting her arms up. "i know baby, we're gonna go home," he smiled, picking her up, and she laid her head on his shoulder. i grabbed our bag of stuff and we made our way back to the car. matt put lily into the car, and we got in, and went back home.

by the time we got back home, lily had woken up, but was still tired. we got out and matt had taken her out of the car, and we walked inside. "let's go get you ready for bed baby," matt said, bringing her upstairs. i set our stuff down and went upstairs following them, and matt took her into the bathroom and i went into lilys room to grab her pajamas for her to wear.

i brought them into the bathroom and was met with matt carefully brushing lily's hair out of the ponytail that it was in. after that we changed her into her pajamas, and matt picked her up, bringing her into her room. he laid her down and she looked at him, "can you read me a story daddy?" she asked. "of course baby," he smiled at her, going and grabbing a book.

"goodnight baby," i said to her, leaning down and kissing her head. "goodnight mommy," she smiled. "go lay down, i'll be there in a couple minutes," matt smiled at me, giving me a quick kiss. "okay," i smiled, and went into our room to get ready for bed. i laid down and about 10 minutes later matt came into the room.

"i was 5 minutes in and she was out like a light, but i stayed just to make sure he was asleep," he said, also changing into his sleep clothes and laying down with me. "she loves you so much," i smiled, snuggling into him and laying on his chest. "i love her, and i love you," he smiled. "i love you," i told him. "we should go to bed too, she'll be up early, it's only like 9," i sighed.

"i don't see a problem with that," he smiled, lifting my head and kissing me. "goodnight, i love you," i smiled at him. "goodnight baby, i love you," he smiled, pulling the blankets over us and wrapping his arms around me tightly, pulling me even closer to him, before we both fell asleep.

remember that nap i said i was taking..? i never took it LMAO. i tried going to sleep like 4 times writing this but i just can't fall asleep and it's making me mad, like i'm running on like 2 1/2-3 hrs of sleep i'm tiredddddd