will you be my gf? - matt

summary!
in which you and matt both
have a crush on each other, and you finally
admit it and matt asks you to be his girlfriend.

y/n's POV

i was at the triplets house, with nick and chris on the couch, we were playing mario kart. matt was in his room doing who knows what. i had the biggest crush on matt, he was just everything i've wanted. he knows me like the back of his hand, he knows when i'm anxious and need a breather, he knows what cheers me up when i'm sad, he takes me on little 'dates' with just the two of us. and according to nick and chris, matt liked me just as much, and would never shut up about me.

i didn't believe them, it was only a matter of time before either matt admitted it to me, or i tried to forget about my feelings for him in the first place. my thoughts were interrupted by matt calling my name. "y/n," i looked over at him. "come with me for a second? please..?" he asked. "of course," i said, getting up. "you guys can play without me," i told nick and chris, and they just nodded, chris with a little smirk on his face. i went over to matt, and he grabbed my hand, bringing me upstairs and into his room, closing the door.

"what's wrong?" i asked. usually this happens when he himself is feeling anxious, and needs to talk to someone. "nothing, i'm okay this time, just sit.." he said. i nodded and sat down, and he sat next to me. "i.. have to tell you something, i've been keeping it a secret for awhile," he told me and i just nodded. "okay, you can tell me anything, matt, you know this," i told him, grabbing his hand and rubbing it, something i always did to comfort him. he looked down at our hands for a minute, before looking back up at me.

"okay, uhm.. y/n, i like you.. no, i think i might even love you. no, i don't think. i know i love you. i've had feelings for you since the day i laid my eyes on you and you came over to our house. you just, you make me happy. you know how to help me and you're my safe place, even if you don't feel the same, i just have to let you know that i love you. you're my best friend and i just, i love you y/n." he said and i just looked at him. this was it, he's finally admitting it. i guess now i can believe nick and chris. i looked at him for another minute, before finally speaking up.

"matt, i love you too, you are everything i want, and i've known that since i got to know you. you're my best friend and you know me like the back of your hand, you care about me in a way no one has before, and you've showed me what it's like to be cared about, taken care of, loved, appreciated. you've shown me everything and i just know that you're the one. i just didn't say anything because i didn't know if you felt the same," i confessed, and he smiled at me. "of course i felt the same, look at you," he smirked.

"i wanna be with you," he whispered to me. "and i want to be with you," i said back to him, smiling. "will you be my girlfriend?" he asked me. "of course," i nodded, and he pulled me into a kiss. i kissed him back. we pulled away and i was blushing like crazy, so i hid my face in his chest. he just laughed and wrapped his arms around me. "wow, how lucky am i? i got the most gorgeous girl in the room, and she's my girlfriend?" he kissed my head. "stop it," i blushed harder, shoving my face more into his chest.