parent problems - chris

possible tw: toxic parents, mentions of ab*se

Y/N's POV

My parents were arguing once again. It's becoming an everyday thing and I can't get away from it. I haven't told my boyfriend, Chris because he already worries enough about me, and this would just add onto it. I'd rather just sit in my room and deal with it then have other people have to worry about dealing with it. I laid there when all of a sudden the topic of the argument was now me. "She's your daughter!" I heard my mom yell. "I never asked for you to have her! What does she do? Sit upstairs in her room all day!"

I sat there as I listened to my dad yell a bunch of hurtful stuff about me, until I heard footsteps coming up the steps and my door opened. "And what do you know? Here you are doing nothing once again! I can't stand you, I wish you were never my daughter!" He got closer and closer to my face, before his hand connected with my cheek. I sat there staring at him, trying to process what he had just did. I had tuned him out while he was still screaming at me, trying to comprehend that my father had just sit me. My mom came upstairs and pulled him out and closed my door, and I sat on my bed sobbing.

I pulled out my phone and FaceTimed Chris, and he answered within 2 rings. "What's up baby?" He asked and I didn't move the camera from towards my ceiling. "P-please come g-get me, I can't s-stay here anymore," I sobbed. "Woah woah. Baby.. breathe, what's wrong? What happened?" "I don't wanna t-talk about it.. just p-please come get me I don't wanna b-be here Chris!" I cried. "Okay, pack some clothes baby, pack whatever you need, me and Matt will be there in 10 minutes, okay? I love you." He said and hung up. I got up and started packing my bags, I had packed about 3 of them when Chris had texted me that him and Matt were outside.

I grabbed my bags and went downstairs and walked towards the front door when my dad started yelling at me again. "And where do you think your going?" He walked closer to me. "I'm leaving! I can't deal with this anymore this is an everyday thing! I don't wanna be around it." I cried and opened the door. "Good! Go, don't even think about coming back," he spit out. I saw the passenger door open and Chris get out, and my dad slammed the door. I walked over to Chris, dropping my bags, falling into his chest, sobbing." "Shh, you're okay, I'm right here baby.." he whispered into my ear.

"Come on, let's get you out of here.." he pulled away and grabbed my bags and put them in the car, getting into the backseat with me. I laid on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me, holding my hand. We stayed in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before I spoke up, "he hit me.." I whispered. "What?" Chris asked, and I saw Matt quickly look at me through the mirror. "He hit me.." I said a little louder. "He told me he wished I was never his daughter and then hit me, and then told me not to even think about going back home.." I started crying again, and Chris just held me.

"You're not going back there at all baby, don't stress yourself out," he whispered, kissing my head. "Yeah, you can stay with us for as long as you need," Matt smiled at me through the mirror, and I gave him a small smile back." "Thank you guys.. I don't know what I did to deserve you guys.." I said. "You didn't have to do anything baby, we're here no matter what," he said before giving me a gentle kiss.