can't sleep - chris

summary!
in which you're having a bad night and can't sleep so you drive to the triplets house to see chris.

y/n's pov
i just got home from a long day at work. not only did i do a double shift, but i also had to close, which made me stay 3 hours longer than when my double shift would've ended. all i wanted to do was go to bed. i threw everything onto my couch, knowing i'd take care of it in the morning. i immediately went upstairs, changing into a pair of sweats and one of chris' hoodies, immediately getting into bed. i texted chris letting him know i was finally home and i had to stay a lot longer tonight and that's why he hadn't heard from me, before plugging my phone in and trying to fall asleep.

it was an hour of tossing and turning, and i just couldn't sleep. and i didn't understand why, i've been awake for a lot longer than normal today, so i should be extremely tired, but apparently, i'm not. i tried laying back down and falling asleep, and after 20 minutes i realized i wasn't falling asleep, so i grabbed my phone, texting chris to see if he was still awake.

chris🤍

11:57 pm

i just got home from work, i had
to stay a lot longer then i wanted. goodnight,
i love you. i'll see you tomorrow ❤️

goodnight baby, get some sleep,
i love you more❤️

1:41 am

are you awake?

yes, what's wrong baby?

can i come over? i cannot fall
asleep for the life of me and idk why,
and i just wanna see you.

of course baby, i'll be waiting
for you, i love you.

i love you
read 1:44 am

i got out of bed, throwing on some shoes, and grabbing my keys, and phone, before making my way out to my car. i got in, immediately driving to the triplets house, and thank god it was only a 10 minute drive. i pulled into their driveway, before getting out and going inside, and quietly made my way up the stairs, through the kitchen to not wake matt up, just in case he was asleep, and then back down the stairs to chris' room.

i opened his door, and he looked over and saw me, and set his phone down, getting up and walking over to me with his arms opened. i walked straight into his arms and held onto him tightly, and he rubbed my back. "missed you," i mumbled. "i missed you baby," he kissed my head, running his hand through my hair. "i had to do a double, and then they made me stay and close. a 6 hour shift turned into a 13 hour shift," i groaned. "it's okay baby, you're here now, and you're off tomorrow, we can spend the whole day sleeping if you want," he said.

"that would sound lovely, if i could actually fall asleep." i said to him. "here, come lay down," he whispered, and he pulled away, walking me over to his bed. he laid down,
opening his arms for me, and i laid with him, immediately snuggling into him, and he wrapped his arms around me again. i laid my head on his chest and he ran his hands through my hair again, and my eyes began to feel heavy. i closed my eyes, and then opened them again, and chris was smiling at me. "tired now?" he whispered and i nodded. "i guess i just needed to be with you," i mumbled.

"well i'll always be here when you need me," he kissed my forehead. "i love you, get some sleep baby," he whispered, still running his hands through my hair. "i love you," i mumbled, closing my eyes and immediately falling asleep. i felt chris pull me closer to him, pulling the blankets over us, before he kissed my forehead gently, "i love you gorgeous, goodnight," he whispered very quietly, before he i assume fell asleep himself.