now you're sick. - matt

y/n's pov

i woke up to my alarm going off, i grabbed my phone, shut the alarm off and checked the time, 11:30 am. my boyfriend matt was coming to pick me up at 1:00 to take me out on a little date. he had been sick recently, and now that he was finally better he wanted to take me out. he didn't say where, just that he wanted to take me out for the day. i sighed to myself and laid back down. i had woken up with a headache, so i closed my eyes again for a minute.

i must've dozed back off, because next thing i know, my moms shaking me awake. "y/n, wake up.." my head hurt worse, my nose was stuffy, and my throat hurt. i opened my eyes and checked the time again. 1:25 pm. i immediately sat up. "is matt here? i'm gonna be late! i-" my mom cut me off. "matt's here, he came up here to check on you and you were asleep, he said you were burning up so he went to the store for you," my mom told me. "you feel okay?" she asked me, and i shook my head. "good, now lay back down, matt should be here soon i just don't want you sleeping any later." she left.

i was laying there about to doze off again, when my bedroom door opened. i looked over and it was matt. "hi, baby," he smiled, walking over and kissing my forehead. "hi.. i'm sorry," i told him. "don't give me that, you're sick, love.. why are you sorry?" he looked at me. "because we were supposed to go out and now i-" "and now i get to take care of you, like you did to me." he said. he pulled out some medicine, a few drinks and a couple of snacks, before pulling out some soup. "you want me to make this for you?" "please.." i mumbled.

he smiled at me and kissed my forehead again, "okay, i'll be right back," he smiled. next thing i know i felt a tap on my shoulder, i opened my eyes once again and it was matt. "i got your soup baby.." he whispered. i moved and sat up a little and he handed me the bowl, i started eating the soup, and he climbed into bed and sat next to me. "thank you," i mumbled, leaning onto his shoulder, and he threw his arm around me. "i'm your boyfriend, it's my job to take care of you, baby.." he kissed the top of my head. i finished my soup and put the bowl on the nightstand, and then took some medicine, before turning and wrapping my arms around matt, and we watched netflix.

a little while later i felt a weird feeling in my throat, and i knew i was about to throw up. i quickly got out of bed and ran to the bathroom, matt following right behind me. the second i dropped to the floor i let everything out, and matt was rubbing my back, holding my hair. "you're okay, i'm right here, let it all out.." he whispered, comforting me. he knew i absolutely hated when i threw up, and he would always try and distract me from focusing on it. after a few more minutes my stomach was finally empty. i stood up and matt immediately pulled me into his chest, one hand on my head to hold me there, and the other rubbing my back.

i stayed there for a minute and he rocked us back and forth, "i'm so sorry you don't feel good baby," he mumbled, placing a kiss on my forehead. "i'm okay," i mumbled, pulling away from him to brush my teeth. after i brushed my teeth we went back into my room and laid down, and matt laid next to me, and i immediately snuggled into his side and laid on his chest again, and he clicked play on the movie we were watching, and eventually i fell asleep again, feeling a little better than before.