attempt pt 2 - matt

TWS!: this imagine contains talk of a suicide attempt, and the aftermath of a suicide attempt. if these topics make you uncomfortable or trigger you in any way, please skip and do not read.

my messages are always open if you guys ever need anything <3, i love you all so so much.

y/n's pov
"matt it's okay, we got her just in time," i heard nick say. i was awake but i pretended to still be asleep to see what they were talking about. "but what if we didn't, nick? she was so close, if she would've gotten the top off," "but she didn't, matt," chris cut him off. "look, she's right there, she's okay," chris said. "okay physically, but not mentally, i couldn't even tell my own girlfriend was struggling," matt cried. "she didn't tell us matt," nick said. "but i should've noticed! i'm a terrible boyfriend, i just almost lost my girlfriend because i didn't realize she needed me," he cried.

it broke my heart knowing he was trying to blame himself for what happened. "matt, it's not your fault, it's no one's fault. you know she doesn't like to ask for help," nick sighed. i rolled over, opening my eyes, pretending that i just woke up. "matt," chris said, and pointed at me. he turned and when he saw i was awake, he got up immediately. "baby.." he walked over to me. "i'm sorry," i teared up. "hey, hey, don't cry baby, it's okay," he said, moving my hair out of my face.

he leaned down, pulling me into his arms. "don't ever do that to me again, you scared me," he whispered, squeezing me even tighter. i just held onto him tightly. after a little while he pulled away, sitting on the end of the bed. "we need to talk about this, y/n," he said and i nodded, looking down, and playing with my hands. "hey, it's okay, we're not gonna judge you baby, we're here to listen," he said, grabbing one of my hands.

"people everyday, tell me they want me dead, send me death threats, tell me to kill myself, and i'm so tired of it," i started off. "i already haven't been doing well mentally and to add this on top of it, i just wanted it all to go away, and i thought this was the easiest way, because i wouldn't have to deal with everyone and everyone wouldn't have to deal with me," i said. "i'm sorry i didn't mean to scare you guys and worry you, i just didn't know what to do, i didn't wanna bother anyone," tears rolled down my face.

"y/n, you're not a bother, if you're struggling you need to tell us so we can help you," matt squeezed my hand. "i know, i'm sorry," i let out a sob. "baby," he sighed, getting up and walking back over and pulling me back into his arms. "it's okay, we don't have to talk about it right now, i'm sorry," he whispered, rubbing my back. i felt more arms wrap around me and i knew it was chris and nick. "we love you y/n," chris said. "i love you guys too, so much," i sniffled, causing them to only hold me tighter.