surprise! - matt

summary:
in which you fly out to
the boston tour stop and pretend to be
a fan in the meet and greet line to surprise
matt <3

y/n's pov

i was currently finishing up packing my suitcase. i was flying to boston tonight to surprise my boyfriend matt at his tour stop. he had been gone the last 2 months and from what i've heard from pretty much everyone else on that tour, he's been miserable without me. they're always complaining that he talks about me too much, and finds a way to bring me up in every conversation. i couldn't help but laugh when they told me that. i couldn't imagine matt just sitting there talking about me, but apparently, he was.

i had finished packing and went downstairs to grab my keys, and walked out the door and to my car. i put my suitcase in the back seat and got in, driving to the airport. i had arrived and went through security and all that jazz, (idk how airports work i've never been on a plane plss). i sat and waited for my flight to be called, quickly texting laura to let her know i should be boarding soon. she helped me plan this all out and agreed to come pick me up when i landed. my flight had been called, so i quickly texted laura again to let her know i was boarding and would be there soon.

- skip the plane ride idk -

i had just landed, and i checked my phone and laura had texted me that she was outside waiting. i grabbed my suitcase and walked outside, looking around before i saw laura in her car. i started walking towards her and she got out, giving me a hug. "oh y/n! thank goodness you're here, matt will not stop talking about you!" she said. i laughed and pulled away, "is it that bad?" she just nodded. i laughed and put my suitcase in her car, and we got in and she drove off to the venue. we had arrived and i quickly snuck into some random room before anyone could see me. they were in the middle of the show right now, malcolm was performing, so it was almost over and time for the meet and greet.

eventually it was time for the meet and greet, and i was gonna be the last one in line so i didn't hold anybody up. i waited for a little while and eventually it was my turn. "last one boys," Jon had told them, and i walked up. "no way!" chris said. "y/n!" nick said. i looked at matt and he was just standing there, shocked. "hi matt," i laughed at him, and he lunged at me and picked me up, holding me tightly. "oh my god," he mumbled into my shoulder. i smiled and held onto him tightly, playing the the hair on the back of his head. "hi baby," i whispered. he set me down and immediately smashed his lips onto mine.

we pulled away and i smiled at him, before hugging nick and chris. "what are you doing here?" chris said. "well a few birdies told me someone missed me, so i had to come see him," i said looking at matt, smirking. he blushed and looked away. "missed you? dude he wouldn't shut up about you," nick said. "shut up" matt whined. i smiled and walked back over to him and hugged him, laying my head on his shoulder. "i missed you too, by the way," i whispered and he smiled at me and kissed my forehead. "best surprise ever," he said.