Year Six: The Half-Blood Prince pt 9

*The next day, we made our way up to the Astronomy Tower. I saw some of the equipment from the Weapon X incident. Just then, we heard Snape and Dumbledore arguing.*

Snape: Have you ever considered that you ask too much, that you take too much for granted? Has it ever crossed your brilliant mind that I don't want to do this anymore?

Dumbledore: Whether it has or hasn't is irrelevant. I will not negotiate with you, Severus. You agreed. Nothing more to discuss.

*He then walks off. He came to a stop when he spotted us. He then turns to keep on walking.*

Jason: I still find it hard to believe that's your father.

*She just gave me an eyeroll as we met up with Dumbledore.*

Dumbledore: Oh, children...You need a shave, Harry.

*Harry chuckled a bit as he ran his hand against his face.*

Dumbledore: You know, at times, I forget how much you've both grown. You, your sister, and Jason. At times, I still see the small boy from the cupboard and the young boy I found in the alleyway. Forgive my mawkishness, I'm an old man.

Harry: You still look the same to us, sir.

Dumbledore: *Smiles* Just like your mother, you are unfailingly kind. A trait people never fail to undervalue, I'm afraid.

*We then walked over to join Dumbledore.*

Dumbledore: The place to which we journey tonight is extremely dangerous. I promise you for the company of me and I stand by that promise. But there's one condition. You must obey every command I give you without question. 

Jason/Harry/Alexa: Yes, sir.

Dumbledore: You do understand what I'm saying. Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourselves, you must do so. Your word, children.

Jason/Harry/Alexa: Our word.

Dumbledore: Take my arm, Harry. Alexa, Jason, hold onto him.

Harry: Sir, I thought you couldn't Apparate within Hogwarts.

Dumbledore: Well, being me has its privileges.

*Harry took hold of Dumbledore's arm as Alexa and I put a hand on Harry's shoulders. We then apparated to a spot in the middle of nowhere. The water was at hightide and we were a few feet away from a cave-like place. Dumbledore parted the ocean like Moses and we walked down the path and entered the cave. After a bit of walking, we came to a stop.*

Dumbledore: This is the place. Oh, yes. This place has known magic.

*He then picks up a jagged bit of rock and cuts himself.*

Alexa: Sir.

Dumbledore: In order to gain passage, payment must be made. Payment intended to weaken any intruder.

Harry: You should have let one of us do it, sir.

Dumbledore: No, no, Harry. Your blood's much more precious than mine. Plus, Jason would heal up too quickly.

*I gave them a nod. He smeared his blood against the wall and it opened up a passage. Inside the passage was filled with crystals. We walked carefully through the passage while Harry and Dumbledore lit the way.*

Dumbledore: Voldemort would not have made it easy to discover his hiding place. He would put certain defenses in position.

*He then flicked his wand outward and the ball of light flew around a bit. But then glew bright as the sun, showing us where to go.*

Dumbledore: There it is. The only question is how do we get there?

*He then stepped forward and reached out. The water started to bubble and up came a bit of chain. He handed it to me and Harry.*

Dumbledore: If you would, boys.

*Harry and I pulled the chain as hard as we could, and up came a little boat. We pulled it over to our location and rode it all the way over to the other side. We got off and carefully climbed up to the top of the Crystals. We looked into a bowl filled with dark water.*

Alexa: Do you think the Horcrux is in there, sir?

Dumbledore: Oh, yes.

*He reached into it, but it had a field around it. I then spotted the shell next to the water.*

Dumbledore: It has to be drunk. All of it has to be drunk. You remember the conditions on which I brought you with me? This potion might paralyze me. I may forget to why I'm here. It'd cause me so much pain that I'd beg for relief. You are not to indulge these requests. It's your job, children, to make sure I keep drinking this potion. Even if you both have to force it down my throat. Understood?

Jason: Why can't one of us drink it, sir?

Dumbledore: Because I'm much older, Jason, much cleverer and much less valuable. Your good health, children.

*He picked up the shell, dipped it in, and drank some of the water. He then started to shake, as if he was having a seizure.*