Year Four: The Goblet of Fire pt 8

*The minute the three of us came to Dumbledore's office, we heard arguing.*

Dumbledore: A man has died here, Fudge. And he won't be the last. You must take action.

Fudge: l will not. ln times like these, the wizard world looks to its leaders for strength, Dumbledore!

Dumbledore: Then for once show them some!

Fudge: The Triwizard Tournament will not be canceled. l will not be seen as a coward!

Dumbledore: A true leader does what is right, no matter what others think.

Fudge: What did you say to me?

*It seemed like Dumbledore was winning, until Moody spoke up.*

Moody: Excuse me, gentlemen. lt may interest you to know this conversation is no longer private.

*The door opened up and the adults spotted us. Fudge looked over at us.*

Fudge: Oh, Harry! Jason, Alexa, how good to see you again.

Harry: We can come back later, professor.

Dumbledore: Not necessary, Harry. The minister and l are done. l'll be back in a moment. Minister, after you. There you are. Your hat. Oh, children, do feel free to indulge in a little Licorice Snap in my absence. But l have to warn you, they're a wee bit sharp.

*Alexa was able to get one without any harm. Harry and I however, we got bit. And the snaps kept bouncing up and the two of us got down on the ground to pick them up. Just then, something opened up behind us. It seemed to be a goblet. Harry, Alexa, and I looked in and the water turned into a room, and the three of us fell until we landed onto a seat. Next to Professor Dumbledore.*

Harry: Professor?

*Dumbledore didn't look over until someone called to him and shook his hand, through Harry's body.*

Man: Professor.

Dumbledore: Yeah.

*My guess is that we weren't able to be seen or heard. I then looked over and saw Professor X with Cyclops and Beast. They looked so much different now. Just then, I saw someone in a cage being lifted up. It was Igor Karkaroff.*

Barty: lgor Karkaroff, you have been brought from Azkaban at your own request...to present evidence to this council. Should your testimony prove consequential...council may be prepared to order your immediate release. Until such time, you remain in the eyes of the Ministry a convicted Death Eater. Do you accept these terms?

Igor: l do, sir.

Barty: And what do you wish to present?

Igor: l have names, sir. There was Rosier, Evan Rosier.

*The council members looked through the pages and handed them to Barty.*

Barty: Mr. Rosier is dead.

Igor: Dead?

*I then noticed Moody leaning over to Dumbledore and Professor X.*

Moody: Yeah, he took a piece of me with him though, didn't he? *Chuckles.*

*Oh so that's how he got the eye.*

Igor: l didn't know.

Barty: lf that is all the witness has to offer--

Igor: No, no, no. There was Rookwood! He was a spy.

Barty: Augustus Rookwood? Of the Department of Mysteries?

Igor: Yeah, the same. He passed information to You-Know-Who from inside the Ministry itself.

*The council spoke quietly about and I spotted Rita Skeeter taking notes.*

Barty: Very well. Council will deliberate. ln the meantime, you will return to Azkaban. 

Igor: No! Wait, please! Please, l have more! What about Snape? Severus Snape?

*Snape? A death eater?! No way.*

Alexa: My dad was a Death Eater?

Jason: That's a first.

Dumbledore: As the council is aware, l've given evidence on this matter. Severus Snape was indeed a Death Eater and, prior to Lord Voldemort's downfall turned spy for us at great personal risk.

Igor: lt's a lie!

Dumbledore: Today he's no more a Death Eater than l.

Igor: Snape remains faithful to the Dark Lord!