Year Five: The Order of The Phoenix pt 3

*The next morning, I was the last to wake up and join the others in the great hall. I sat down and Harry looked over at me.*

Harry: You alright?

Jason: Yup. 

Hermione: Long night of training with the X-Men then?

*When she said that, there was a bit of hate in there.*

Jason: No. Just, the nightmares.

Hermione: Oh. Well it's not a worry then, is it? 

*Where was she going with this? Before I could ask her, I heard arguing between Umbridge and McGonagall.*

Umbridge: Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating? 

McGonagall: I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students and MY Goddaughter...you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices. 

Umbridge: So silly of me, but it sounds... as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom... Minerva. 

McGonagall: Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods. 

Umbridge: I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry... and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman... but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty. Disloyalty. Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action.

*And with that, Umbridge walked back up to her office. I decided to take a day off from classes. I spoke with McGonagall about it and she granted me the day off. I walked up to the common room and sat down to recollect myself and take a look at the dog tags. What did I want to do more? Make my dad proud, or protect my friends? It seemed like a hard thing to choose. Just then, the door opened. It was Hermione. It seemed like whenever I was around her, she was upset with me. Pretty soon, I'd find out why.*

Hermione: Care to explain why you've been skipping classes? Oh no wait, don't tell me. Training with the X-Men?

Jason: What is the problem, Hermione?

Hermione: What do you think, Jason? All you ever do is train with them when you should be with us! We're your friends. You don't come to us with your problems anymore. Why?

*I didn't know what to say. She was right though. All this time I spent with the X-Men, I haven't been sharing it with my friends or girlfriend...I leaned back on the couch.*

Hermione: Jason? 

*I then took the dog tags out from the inside of my shirt. It caught Hermione's attention.*

Jason: Rogue gave me them. Said she owed my dad her life after he saved her numerous times...The reason I don't talk with you, Harry, or the others is because The X-Men knew my father. I miss him, Hermione. 

*It seemed to sink in with Hermione. She must've thought I liked being around the X-Men more than them.*

Hermione: Jason...I'm so-

*Before she could continue, Seamus burst in.*

Seamus: Guys. You gotta get down to the courtyard. It's Trelawney.

Hermione: What about her?

Seamus: Umbridge is sacking her.

*We both looked at each other and followed Seamus to the courtyard. I'm hoping someone went to get McGonagall. I looked out and saw one of my favorite teachers with her bags and Umbridge standing there, smiling.*

Trelawney: Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this. 

Umbridge: Actually, I can.