Year One: The Sorcerers Stone pt 6

*I'm in the great hall, sitting next to Harry whose sitting between me and Hermione. Ron and Alexa are across from us. Harry and I couldn't eat since Quidditch was today. I couldn't eat for a different reason.*

Ron: Take a bit of toast, you two, go on.

Alexa: Come on you two, your gonna need your strength today.

Harry: I'm not hungry.

Jason: Me either.

Ron: You especially need your strength, Jason. You look terrible.

*Just then, Snape came up behind us.*

Snape: Good luck today, Potter and Kyler. Then again, now that you've proven yourselves against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin.

*Snape walks off, limping. Harry and I notice this.*

Harry: That explains the blood.

Jason: Wait. Blood? What blood?

Harry: Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping.

Alexa: But why would anyone go near that 3-headed dog?

Harry: The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret.

Hermione: So your saying..?

Harry: That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants.

*Just then, Harry's owl, Hedwig, hoots. She comes in with a package and drops it to Harry. He and I catch it.*

Alexa: Bit early for mail isn't it?

Harry: But I... I never get mail.

Ron: Let's open it.

*We all opened the package and inside was a broomstick.*

Jason: It's a broomstick.

Ron: Not just any broomstick. It's a Nimbus 2000. 

Harry: But who?

*We look over to see McGonagall smiling.*

Alexa: You are so very lucky Harry! You'll win this game for sure

Jason: How? Isn't this just an ordinary broom?

Ron: You've never heard of the Nimbus 2000 before?

Jason: Ron. You're looking and talking to a kid, who's never even heard of magic in his life because he was living in an alleyway. Besides, what is a Nimbus 2000?

Alexa: I better get ready for the quidditch match but I wish you guys good luck

*Alexa heads with the Slytherins to get changed and prepared for the game.*

Harry: So should we. Come on, Jason.

Alexa: See you both after the game.

*Harry got up and walked off with Wood, Fred, George, Katie and Angelina. I on the other hand was still confused.*

Jason: What's a Nimbus 2000?

(Alexa POV)

*Alexa notices Flynt looking at her.*

Alexa: Got something to say, Flynt?

Flynt: Still hangin' out with those rejects?

Alexa: I don't see how it's any of your business but yes, they are my friends.

*He was about to retort until Oliver walked up next to her.*

Oliver: Leave her alone, Flynt.

*He walked away for a bit and left Oliver and Alexa alone.*

Oliver: Shame you had to be on their team. You'd make a fair beater on the Gryffindor team.

Alexa: *Smiles at Oliver* I may be a Slytherin *whispers into his ear* I'll make Flynt look bad

Oliver: *Chuckles* See you out on the field. Don't rough yourself up too badly.

Alexa: Don't injure that pretty face of yours. I wish you and your team the best of luck

Oliver: T-Thanks. You too, beautiful.

*As he walks off, he chastises himself. He couldn't believe he said that out loud.*

Alexa: *blushes and smiles at Flynt.*  What's the matter Captain, shocked that your beater has a date with the other team Captain?

*Annoyed, Flynt says nothing.*

(Jason POV)

*I managed to catch up with the rest of the team.*

Jason: Sorry about that, Captain.

Oliver: No worries. Scared, Harry?

Harry: A little.

Oliver: That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game.

Harry: What happened?

Oliver: Er, I don't really remember. I took a Bludger to the head two minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later.

*Harry and I both gulp in unison and look straight ahead as the doors open. We all mount our brooms and zoom out onto the enormous pitch. There is cheering. Lee Jordan, the Quidditch commentator is announcing from a tower.*

Lee: Hello! And welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season! Today's game, Slytherin vs. Gryffindor!

*I look over and see my friends with Hagrid cheering. We take our positions in the air in a circle. Harry weaves in, highest amongst. He looks down. I look across the field and share a nod with Alexa.*

Lee: The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game!

Hooch: Now, I want a nice, clean game from all of you! *She says, looking directly at the Slytherin team. She kicks the trunk, and the Bludgers zoom out along with the snitch.*

Lee: The Bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the Snitch is worth 150 points. The Seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game.

*The Snitch zooms around Harry and the Slytherin Seeker's head, then disappears. Hooch grabs the Quaffle. Then tosses it into the air.*

Lee: The Quaffle is released and the game begins!

*Angelia Johnson takes possession of the Quaffle, she zooms past the Slytherins toward their goal, and throws the ball, and scores!*

Lee: Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!

*I'm flying around the field and then I heard Alexa yell out to me.*

Alexa: JASON DUCK!

*I saw turned to see the bludger coming right at me, I then used my body weight to shift me to the left and did a horizontal 360 around the broom and the bludger hit one of the Slytherin Chasers. Angelina tosses the Quaffle to me. I tossed the ball into the air and did a cyclone kick to the Quaffle and scored our team another 10 points.*

Lee: Kyler scores! Another 10 points to Gryffindor!

*The Slytherin chaser then takes possession of the Quaffle and tries to make the score but Oliver stops it and throws it to Katie. Flynt had enough.*

Flynt: Give me that.

*He takes Alexa's bat and whacks the Bludger at Oliver. Wood fell to the ground. He then tossed the bat back to Alexa. Alexa gasped in shock then growls angrily at Flynt.*

Alexa: What's your problem!? That's a dirty foul!

*Alexa flew down toward Oliver and checks his vitals. I couldn't concentrate on being a Chaser now. Without a Keeper, the Slytherins could have more scores. I zoomed over to act as a stand-in Keeper. Just then, I noticed Harry moving around uncontrollably on his Nimbus 2000.*

(3rd Person POV)

*In the stands, Ron, Hagrid, and Hermione were confused too.*

Hagrid: What's going on with Harry's broomstick?

*Hermione looks through her binoculars at Harry, then at Snape, who was visibly muttering.*

Hermione: It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!

Ron: Jinxing the broom? What do we do?

Hermione: Leave it to me!