Year Two: The Chamber of Secrets pt 7

*After Alexa brought Hermione to the hospital wing, Harry and I were on our way back to the common room.*

Jason: Have you spoken to Hermione?

Harry: She should be out of hospital in a few days, when she stops coughing up furballs...

*Just then, Harry and I spot water on the floor.*

Harry: What's this?

*We follow the water out into a hallway. It was everywhere.*

Jason: Yuck!

Harry: Looks like Moaning Myrtle's flooded the bathroom.

*Inside the lavatory, we spot Myrtle crying.*

Jason: Myrtle?

*She looks at us when I called out to her.*

Myrtle: Come to throw something else at me?

Harry: Why would I throw something at you?

Myrtle: Don't ask me.

Jason: Well, what happened?

Myrtle: Here I am, minding my own business, when someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me.

Jason: But, it can't hurt if someone throws something at you. I mean, it'll just go right through you.

*That got her pissed. She flew right up to my face and shouted.*

Myrtle: SURE!  Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if it goes through her stomach! Fifty points if it goes through her head! 

Harry: But, who threw it at you, anyway?

Myrtle: I don't know. I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death, and it fell through the top of my head.

*Myrtle flies off crying. Harry steps forward and picks up a Diary. We brought it to Hermione in the hospital wing, and Ron met up with us.*

Hermione: There's a name in this diary. "Tom Marvolo Riddle."

Ron: Tom Marvolo Riddle?

Jason: You know what that is?

Ron: Hang on. I know that name. Why do I know that name? Of course. That night I had detention. My job was to polish the silver in the trophy room. I remember...Because I kept burping up slugs over Tom Riddle's trophy.

*I then took the Diary so Harry and I could take a look at it.*

Harry: What was the trophy for?

Ron: He won an award 50 years ago. Special services to the school or something.

Hermione: Fifty years ago? Are you sure?

Ron: Yeah. Why?

Hermione: Don't you remember what Malfoy told you? Last time the Chamber was opened-

Harry: Fifty years ago.

Jason: Then that means-

Hermione: Tom Riddle was here...at Hogwarts when it happened. What if he wrote about what he saw? It's possible he knew where the Chamber was. How to open it. Even what sort of creature lives in it. If so, whoever's behind these attacks wouldn't want this diary lying around, would they?

Jason: It's a brilliant theory, Hermione. But there's just one flaw...there's nothing written in this diary.

*I flipped through the pages and showed them that the book was empty.* 

(Harry POV)

*In the Gryffindor Common Room, I'm examining the diary while seated at a table. All the pages are blank. A ghost next to me is humming and reading a book. I look over at her. It was getting annoying.*

Harry: Do you mind?

*She looks at me and closes the book. She then gets up and walks away. I open the diary, pick up a quill and a drop of ink hits the page and then fades away. Woah. I then write in the diary.*

Harry: 'My name is Harry Potter.'

(Jason POV)

*Alexa and I came back from doing a little bit of searching in the library for what the creature could be. I sat down on the couch while Alexa sat on an armchair.*

Alexa: I hope Hermione is doing okay.

Jason: I'm sure she's alright. I'll visit her tomorrow.

Harry: Jason, Alexa. Come look at this.

*Alexa and I look at each other, wondering what it could be, then we run to Harry.* 

Alexa: What's up?

Harry: Look.