Year One: The Sorcerers Stone pt 2

*We made our way up the stairs and waiting for us at the top of the steps was an elderly woman.*

Jason: *Whispers* I wonder who she is.

Alexa: *Whispers* I don't know. Maybe we'll find out.

*I nodded and then the woman spoke up.*

McGonagall: Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup.

*As she was speaking, I heard what sounded like croaking. Just then, a boy yelled out.*

Neville: Trevor! 

I then remembered that Hermione said that a boy named Neville lost his pet toad. This must be Neville. He looked up at the woman who seemed a bit shocked by this and a little bit upset.*

Neville: Sorry. 

*He got up and joined back in the group.*

McGonagall: The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily.  

*She then walked off, leaving us alone for the moment. Just then, a voice spoke out.*

Boy: It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. 

*I heard some of the students are heard whispering, "Harry Potter?" He then introduces his two friends.* 

Malfoy: This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. 

*Ron snickered at his name. I didn't blame him, it's a ridiculous name.* 

Malfoy: Think my name's funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. *Turns back to Harry.* You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there. 

*He extended his hand to Harry. Harry didn't agree to shake his hand.*

Harry: I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks.

*Boy that got Malfoy mad. I stood next to Harry and placed a hand on his shoulder, not taking my eyes off of Malfoy.* 

Jason: Harry can make friends with whoever he wants to, Malfoy. He doesn't need someone like you to do it for him.

*He was about to retort when the woman came back and tapped Malfoy on the shoulder with a paper. He leaves with one last glare directly toward me and Harry.*

McGonagall: We're ready for you now. Follow me.

*Before we entered, I moved my hand away from Harry's shoulder.*

Harry: Thanks, Jason.

Jason: It's what friends are for. 

*He and I shared a smile with each other and we followed the woman into the great hall. Now I understood why it's called the great hall. It's literally a Great Hall! I looked up and saw the ceiling. I was amazed.*

Jason: Woah. Is that really the night sky?

Hermione: It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. 

Alexa: How do you know that?

Hermione: I read about it in Hogwarts: A History.

*I nodded, still amazed at what I saw. We then stop in front of the teacher's table, I think that's what it's called at least.*

McGonagall: All right, will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words.

*Dumbledore stood up from his seat. I wanted to wave to him but figured it wouldn't be appropriate.*

Dumbledore: I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you.