①⑧.

║Omniscient║Miami, FLWednesday 6:30PMMiami Central Health Hospital

Omniscient
Miami, FL
Wednesday 6:30PM
Miami Central Health Hospital

As Essence's shift had come to an end, she was walking through the hospital much more upbeat than usual for a 12 hour shift. Usually she'd be exhausted or even sluggish but tonight was different. She was happier than usual.

After collecting her things and putting her time in, she headed towards the elevator to go to Chassidy's. She had texted the group chat a few hours ago telling Essence and Aladrea to stop by ASAP. Chassidy made it seem like such an urgent manner when really, she just had plans on finally tell her best friends about her pregnancy.

"Hi Essence, how are you?" Essence heard a voice say. She looked up to see Dr.Martinez had joined her on the elevator .

"I'm good, great actually." Essence spoke and returned the smile Dr.Martinez was giving her, "What about you?"

"I'm fine but I can tell you're great, you look it!" Dr.Martinez complimented with a laugh, "You're glowing since you've been back from vacation, must have had a good time."

"Yeah, it was the best I've ever had actually." Essence spoke in deep thought, except she wasn't just speaking of the vacation itself.

"Always glad to hear!" Dr.Martinez said as the elevator came to a stop. "Have a good night and weekend, I'll see you on Monday." The doors of the elevator opened and out she went, waving at Essence as she left.

Essence only rode a few more floors before she got off at the parking garage and made her way to the car. Chassidy didn't live too far from here so she knew it wouldn't take her long.

She definitely felt like she owed a few hours of her time to her friends since she had been with True every day since they returned from Tulum. She had even spent the night at his house for the past two days. It was clear they enjoyed each other's company.

After about 15 minutes of driving, Essence pulled up and parked next to Aladrea. It was clear she had already made it inside, seeing that her car was empty.

Once she finally made it up to Chassidy's apartment, her best friends acted as if they hadn't seen her in months. They squealed loudly and pulled her into a hug, clearly happy to see her.

"Y'all are sooo dramatic." Essence laughed, hugging them both back.

"No bitch, you're dramatic." Chassidy said jokingly, "Bitches officially got a man and don't even return our text for two days."

"Whateverrr." Essence dragged with a wide smile at Chassidy's remark.

"You're glowing sis, you look good." Aladrea complimented and Essence's smile grew wider. Dr.Martinez had just told her the same thing and she was starting to believe it herself.