②①.

Miami, FLWednesday 11:37AMMiami Central Health Hospital

Miami, FL
Wednesday 11:37AM
Miami Central Health Hospital

Like every Wednesday morning, True was making his stop by the hospital to visit Rico. With him being on house arrest, the hospital was truly the only place he could go if he wanted to get out and clear his mind. Sometimes Chassidy and Aladrea would be there to talk to him but on days they weren't, he'd just sit and vent to Rico. He didn't really care if he could hear him or not, it was just nice to feel like someone was listening to him, his thoughts and feelings.

Being lonelier than usual, he recognized that he had picked back up his habit of smoking everyday—and that told him a lot. Smoking weed was something that he had found himself doing less of since he had started spending more time with Essence. Sure he still indulged here and there but nothing like before he met her.

Smoking was't just a fun hobby he had like others before meeting her, it was mainly a release for the times he did feel lonely. It was especially a getaway from thoughts of his past. With Essence around, he never thought about his past much. She made him look forward to the future but now she was gone and he suddenly felt blinded again.

Weed was the only thing he felt comfortable overindulging in. He had promised himself a long time ago that he'd never use any other drugs after seeing his mother go the way she did.

That's exactly what he was doing now. Sitting in his car in the parking lot of the hospital, smoking his sorrows away. Once he was done, everything finally felt quiet, his thoughts were nonexistent again. He leaned back into his seat and ran his hands over his face, floating in the silence of his car.

After about 20 minutes, he finally got out and went into the hospital to check in. He thought it'd be a quiet visit today but noticed the door to Rico's room was open, meaning someone had clearly just arrived too. He walked to the door and remembered Essence's request before sending a faint knock on the door. Soon after, he could hear footsteps and only hoped it wasn't her. He wanted to see Essence of course but he knew she didn't feel the same.

"True?" Chassidy stuck her head out the door and said with confusion, "Nigga, why are you knocking like you're at somebody's house?"

"Just tryna see who here and shit." He shrugged as he stepped inside and scoped the room before closing the door behind him.

"If you're referring to Essence, you don't gotta worry about running into her for the next few days. She's on assignment in New York." Chassidy said, easing his nerves a bit.

"Aight." True spoke as he took a seat next to her and let out a deep breath.

"Rough morning?" Chassidy questioned, not only because of how stressed he looked but also because of how high he was. Even she couldn't remember the last time she had seen him this high.