③⑨.

Miami, FLThursday 5:00pm

Miami, FL
Thursday 5:00pm

It had been just one week since all the chaos Pierre's death had caused. Essence hadn't spoke to True since that last night she laid crying herself to sleep in his bed. While True usually reached out first whenever they were on bad terms, this was the one time he didn't.

Though he wasn't purposely ignoring her, that's exactly what Essence had assumed—being the over thinker she was. 

Instead, True had been way too busy meeting with his older brother to ensure Essence's safety. Tremaine was the only person that could keep him updated on any and everything the Zoe Pound was up to.

Most importantly, he was the only person who knew the fate of Essence's safety—helping True decide his next course of action.

"You talk to them niggas yet?" True questioned as him and his older brother sat across from one another.

Tremaine had promised he'd ask around if anyone in the Zoe Pound knew of Essence, since Pierre mentioned him and his men had been following her around.

"Yeah, I did." Tremaine responded before he let out a sigh.

"And what they say?" True asked, staring eagerly at Tremaine as he waited for an answer.

"They do know Essence....said Pierre had them keeping tabs on her." Tremaine revealed and instantly, True was hot with rage.

"For how long?" True gritted lowly, trying to keep his composure.

"They ain't say...but even if it was just a week, shit coulda been worse and clearly Pierre wasn't lying about sparing her. If he really wanted her dead, he would of made it happen. Like I said, now is the time to teach Essence how to protect herself." Tremaine warned and True turned away, his mind focused on one thing; killing. He didn't care to hear anything else.

"Have y'all talked about it yet?" Tremaine spoke up again, breaking True from his violent thoughts.

"Nah, she upset with me right now and that shit got me feeling terrible. That night everything went down, I lied to her but she definitely seen through my bullshit. We got into it bad and I convinced her to stay the night but by morning, she was gone. Ain't spoke to me in a week and one thing bout her stubborn ass, this might last weeks...might be months." True explained, as his mind wandered back to that night—feeling regretful of how things went down.

"Well you need to fix that shit quick cause now ain't the time." Tremaine suggested, causing True to smack his lips at him.

"Says the muthafucka that asked me to lie." True scoffed, narrowing his eyes at Tremaine.

"That ain't the point. It's better to lie until we figure out what them niggas up to." Tremaine stated with a shrug.

"I don't know what their next move is now that Pierre dead, and I can't necessarily ask them to back down without shit seeming suspicious. Chances are, if they know Essence, they know you too. If Pierre gave them specific orders to follow her, they gone assume it had something to do with you." He informed True who then let out a deep breath, one full of stress.