⑨.

║Essence║Miami, FLSunday 12:27 PMCopal rooftop Bar

Essence
Miami, FL
Sunday 12:27 PM
Copal rooftop Bar

The cool Miami air hit my exposed skin making me shiver a bit in my seat. It was now November and Miami had started experiencing much cooler temperatures. Pulling my jacket over my shoulders to protect myself from the breeze, I sat listening to Chassidy tell me about a new business idea.

"Hey y'all!" A voice full of excitement startled us as we looked up to find Aladrea walking over to the table.

"Finally," Chassidy rolled her eyes playfully, "You tell a bitch to be at brunch at 12 and she show up 30 mins late." Aladrea laughed at Chassidy's playful banter while taking a seat at the table.

"Damn I feel like I ain't seen y'all in a minute, we've been way too busy." Aladrea huffed and we all nodded coming into agreement.

"Literally, I've missed y'all!" Chassidy exclaimed, an elated expression on her face.

"What's the tea, how are y'all?" Aladrea flashed us both a smile before settling in her seat. She didn't hesitate to reach for the champagne and orange juice and make herself a mimosa.

"Been in my bag of course, been speaking to a few vendors in China to find the best bundles for this hair collection." Chassidy said, filling Aladrea in on the conversation we were having prior to her arrival.

"Love that for you, always working. Such a boss ass bitch!" Aladrea cheered, dancing in her seat.

"What about you Essence?" Aladrea said, shifting her attention from Chassidy to me.

"Girl, we work in the same field. You know I been workinggg." I dragged with a laughed, taking another sip of my mimosa.

"Nah babe, I'm not talking about work..." Aladrea raised a brow at me, searching for a different response. I sat dumbfounded, not sure of the answer she was expecting.

"You know what she talking about!" Chassidy shouted, playfully pushing my shoulder.

"Right, cause we not gone act like you ain't been posting yourself in that lambo truck in the close friends every other night." Aladrea smirked, side eyeing Chassidy who now shared the same smirk as her.

"It's not even like that." I chuckled, shaking my head at their reactions.

"We can't tell, True be on Instagram in his feelings every other day." Chassidy responded, still staring at me for a truthful response.

"I ain't never seen a hood nigga post that many romantic songs on his story, ever." Aladrea laughed.

"Of course we hang out sometimes, he's a good friend now." I said plainly, hoping to change the subject if possible.

Me and True's relationship had progressed a lot since we had that heart to heart last month, back in October. We spend a lot of time together and though I still wasn't ready to be in anything fully committed, he stuck around.