①③.

║Omniscient║Miami, FL1:27 AMEssence's Apartment

Omniscient
Miami, FL
1:27 AM
Essence's Apartment

It was nearing 1:30 AM and Essence hadn't heard back from True. The last he told her was that he'd pull up on her in about thirty minutes and that was at 12 AM. She had told him she'd still be up but now she was thinking he completely disregarded what she said.

She sat on the couch, constantly checking the time on her phone. Letting out a sigh, she picked herself up and prepared to get in bed. Before she made it any further into her bedroom, she heard a knock on the door. Stopping in her tracks, she turned back around and headed for the door. Taking a look out her peephole like usual, she seen none other than True himself. Pulling the door open to face him, she spoke before he could.

"I could of swore you said thirty minutes True, how'd that turn into an hour?" Essence questioned him as she stood in the doorway. She closed her robe a bit, trying to cover up as she felt naked under True's gaze.

Completely ignoring her question, True couldn't help but be lost in his thoughts. Seeing Essence half dressed in her silk and lace pajama set was doing something to him. She had her hair pulled back with a claw clip and he could smell her perfume from the moment she opened the door. He rubbed the back of his neck, trying to stay focused on her words—but he couldn't. He wasn't sure if she was doing it on purpose but he wanted to take her down right here, right now. He hated that he couldn't.

"Are you even listening?" Essence waved a hand in his face, "What took you so long?" She questioned again.

"Got caught up talking to the boys, lost track of time." He lied for the second time tonight, as he stepped inside the house. Essence closed the door behind him and walked back into the kitchen, taking a seat on one of the stools.

"What you call me over here for Essence?" True asked her as he stood at the kitchen island, "It's 1:30 in the morning...you couldn't sleep or some?"

"Something like that." She shrugged, playing with her fingers nervously in her lap.

As much as he liked Essence, he hated when she would beat around the bush. She never got straight to the point. By now, his head was pounding from everything that had happened tonight.

"Essence...please get to the point, I gotta fucking headache." True snapped at her, rubbing his temples with his eyes closed.

"Never mind," Essence said quickly, "Sorry I called you here, you can go." She got up from her seat and tried brushing past True but he grabbed her arm.

"Look, I ain't mean to snap on you." He told her with honesty, "I done had a real long night so you gotta excuse me. Just tell me what it is that you wanted to talk about."