④⑨.

I didn't edit either of these chapters. You know the vibes...any mistakes, just ignore em. Thanksss <3

Miami, FLWednesday 11:20pmTrue's house

Miami, FL
Wednesday 11:20pm
True's house

It was yet another night of True being restless. Almost every other night now consisted of him jumping up from his sleep in a delirious state, thanks to the realism of his dreams.

Like always, he was relived after being greeted by his own bedroom. Though it shouldn't of been any surprise, considering that's exactly where he was when he fell asleep.

The air in the room was so hot, he could've sworn even the walls surrounding him were sweating. Stripping from the shirt he wore, True then looked to his left, squinting through the room's darkness to view the electronic thermostat on his wall.

It was freezing in the house, 62 degrees to be exact. Despite the central air that was circulating throughout the home, he was still covered in visible beads of his own sweat.

Running his hands over his face, True's eyes aimlessly glanced around the room until they fell on his phone. It laid on the nightstand right next to the bed.

He reached over and checked the time to see it was near 12am. True assumed he had been at least for at least four or five hours, but unfortunately he had just fallen into slumber around ten.

A week and now three days later, True's sleep schedule was still ruined, all because of the incident that happened with Essence.

All his body knew how to do was sleep for an hour or two because he was always on high alert. If the wind even blew against the window too hard, he was out of bed checking the house for danger.

Maybe he was starting to lose it, or maybe he was just being cautious. Either way, the paranoia was heavily interfering with his sleep schedule.

Before True knew it, his restlessness had rubbed off on Essence who laid right next to him. Just a few seconds ago, she was fast asleep. Now she was up too, her hand gently rubbing down his back.

"You okay?" True heard her speak from behind him.

Turning around, his eyes met with Essence's. She sleepily blinked up at him and her gaze brought some of True's stress down.

"Yeah, I'm good." True replied through a barely audible mumble, "Is it warm in here?"

"Not even," Essence told him while wrapping herself back in the warmth of the comforter, "It's freezing actually."

"Guess it's just me then." True mumbled once again, this time mainly to himself.

"Another dream?" Essence sat up and asked, in which True immediately responded with a sigh and nod.