①⑦ .

║Essence║Tulum, MexicoSaturday 10:33 PM

Essence
Tulum, Mexico
Saturday 10:33 PM

"Damn Essence, you're really gonna stay in for your last night in Tulum?" Aladrea asked from the end of the bed, "Bitch you suck!" She booed at me.

"You sure you can't come out tonight?" Chassidy questioned after Aladrea, "You can just do water shots or something babe."

"Hell no, I'm staying in this bed." I told them from under the covers.

Our time in Tulum was coming to an end tomorrow but each day had brought so much fun. Currently, my head was still pounding from the previous night and it was a whole new night. Even after being extremely hungover, I still went and did day drinking today and now I was paying for it. We took a bunch of free shots on the beach after jet skiing and ATV riding, then sometime after that I was getting carried back to the villa. The liquor here in Mexico was different.

As much as I didn't wanna spend my last night in Tulum like this, I was way too fucked up to see another bottle of liquor. Even the thought of tequila, made me gag. Nonetheless, Tulum didn't owe me anything. This was quite literally one of my best birthdays and I owed all my thanks to True and my friends.

When Jaylen was still around, birthdays never use to go as planned. With him, there was always some bullshit.

Frantically shuffling around the house, Essence was already in a rush to make her birthday dinner on time

Frantically shuffling around the house, Essence was already in a rush to make her birthday dinner on time. It was her 21st birthday to be exact, and she had decided to spend it in Atlanta so that Jaylen could see her too. All of her friends from FAMU had flown in yesterday night and she was extremely excited.

"Baby, have you seen my heels?" Essence shouted from Jaylen's bedroom. She made sure to search the floor too incase she had overlooked them.

"Nah." Jaylen responded plainly from the couch, taking glances at the outfit Essence was wearing as she walked back into the living room.