②②. ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1

Coral Gables, FLThursday 7:32PMThe University of Miami

Coral Gables, FL
Thursday 7:32PM
The University of Miami

Wus good/Curious by PartyNextDoor played at a low volume while Ari, Jahzari and another friend of theirs, Trinity all sat around their dim lit dorm. The main source of light being the hot pink LED lights they had along the wall and a desk lamp.

Like usual, Arielle was still on top of her studies. She had finished most of her homework for the next 3 days and was already finishing some for next week. Jahzari was frantically rushing through a lab report she had due at 8PM and Trinity was doing statistics homework. She was the oldest of the three of them, a current sophomore and political science major at Umiami.

"I swear I'm done procrastinating after this week. I need to get like you Ari." Jahzari said, her eyes shifting between her computer screen and the notes from her microbiology lab.

"Trust me, I'm only like this because my mother is strict as hell. So it's ingrained in me." Ari expressed to her friends, "I did nothing at Howard but sleep, eat, do homework, study and repeat. I never had time for fun and she'd always tell me that fun was for after college so I never gave myself breaks."

"Sounds like my dad but more encouraging than strict," Jahzari said with a sigh, "Ju ain't care for school so my dad pushed me to be the first in the family to go to college. It's just fucked up that he ain't even get to see me graduate from here now."

Ari and Trinity both nodded, knowing that Jahzari hated that her father was incarcerated. Even though it had been years since his conviction, she was still the biggest daddy's girl, answered all his calls from prison and made sure to visit him whenever the prison allowed it. She was glad to be able to keep him updated through calls and short visits behind a glass partition. Yet still, she much more preferred him to be in person to see all her achievements.

"Damn...I hope he get out soon Zari, I know a life sentence ain't the easiest to get out of but hopefully some gone shake." Trinity flashed a faint smile, "Shit, if my daddy can beat all those drug trafficking and racketeering cases, I'm sure yo' pops gone be out in due time."

"I hope so." Jahzari agreed though she didn't have much hope, considering all the time he had already served, "Ju been telling me that True working some shit out with Issac. You know he got Dee out, and that nigga had a whole felony."

"I'm already knowing, Issac got my daddy outta so much shit. He gone pull some shit together for yo' dad." Trinity assured her with a nod, "He beat everybody case, that nigga the hood hero fasho."

"So, your dad is in prison too Trin?" Arielle asked curiously after hearing Trinity mention her father.

"Was," Trinity chuckled, "In and out regularly, dat' nigga kinda a high class criminal but you ain't hear it from me." She said jokingly, though she was very serious.