②⑥.

Miami, FL3 weeks later Tuesday 4:22pm

Miami, FL
3 weeks later
Tuesday 4:22pm

It was now the beginning of February and True's court date had been pushed back 3 weeks from when it was suppose to be in January. He had been so busy meeting with Issac 24/7 that he hadn't had time for much. Meaning he also hadn't spoken to Essence in those three weeks.

They decided to keep things at a more neutral level and less of a relationship level until the whole trial was over. They figured it was best thing to keep them from getting overly attached, just to be torn apart if True did get sentenced. As if they weren't already overly attached to each other anyways.

Now it was the day before his trial and he had decided to use it to air a few grievances and speak with his new found family. He had also used the few extra weeks before court to make a big legal change to his name, after Trinity bugged him about it.

"See, Delva looks way better than Davis." Trinity nodded with a grin as she stared at the paper she was holding.

"Yeah well, I only did it cause you bugged my ass bout' it too much," True laughed, "Although imma probably regret doing it after this lil' talk today." He sighed as he thought about all the ways his conversation with Pierre could go left, especially since Tremaine was coming too.

"Don't say that," Trinity replied, "It might go better than you think." She shrugged, even though she knew how her father and her older brother were. They could often be a rather hard pair to get along with.

"You don't even believe that yo'self." True said and she nodded, knowing it was the truth.

"Just don't feed into Tremaine bullshit, he gone be talking his shit but don't give him the reaction." Trinity expressed to True, but he didn't care to hear it.

"I hear you, but I'm the type of nigga to give a muthafucka the reaction they looking for. Ain't nobody gone disrespect me." True told his sister and she couldn't argue with that. She didn't let people disrespect her either, they did relate on that accord.

Trinity was more than happy when True told her the news of them being related. She already liked True much better than their older brother, Tremaine. It was probably because her and True were much more similar. They didn't take anyone's shit, unlike Tremaine who was an ass kisser.

"Speaking of the devils, they're here." Trinity pointed, recognizing her brother's car from across the street.

Since Pierre's warrant was finally thrown away, he was able to be back in Miami freely. It probably wouldn't last long though, knowing him and his antics. True wasn't crazy enough to invite them over to his own house as they weren't trustworthy enough to be anywhere he laid his head. Instead, he opted for them all to meet at a small park a few blocks down from his house.