②⑦.

Miami, FLWednesday 12:30pmMiami-Dade County CourthouseFebruary 10th

Miami, FL
Wednesday 12:30pm
Miami-Dade County Courthouse
February 10th

To say True was stressed would be an understatement. He had stood in this very courtroom many times in his life but this time felt all too different. He never feared this place, he never cared about going to prison and didn't care about dying on the streets in his past, but this was his present.

The new True cared much more than he liked to admit and it was all because he finally had people in his life who were worth living and being free for.

Truthfully, he wasn't prepared to see the look on Essence's face if they did sentence him today. He never planned on breaking her heart but he knew that surely would.

So many thoughts whirled around his mind. The first being the thought of Essence moving on if he spent the rest of his life in prison. He thought about how Rico would wake from his coma and wonder where he was, their first rekindling being True behind a glass partition with a connected phone. He'd never get to see Chassidy and Rico raise their daughter either, he'd never even get to be apart of her life himself.

He had all the boys who he felt like needed him around and not to mention, he now had family that he wasn't willing to leave behind. Him and Trinity had grown so close in such a short time, he knew she'd be hurt as well by today's outcome if it wasn't a good one. Especially since she couldn't stand Tremaine and their father. He would hate to leave her out here alone with just them.

These were just a few of the things that would haunt him everyday in his cell, if that was his fate today.

"All rise. The Court of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, Criminal Division, is now in session. The Honorable Judge Douglas presiding."

"Bailiff, what is today's case?" Judge Douglas spoke.

"Your Honor, today's case is the People of the State of Florida versus True Delva."

"Members of the jury, your duty today will be to determine whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty based only on facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and that the defendant is the person who committed the crime."

Essence took a deep breath hearing the words of the judge. Her best friends could see her anxiety was getting the best of her. Chassidy reached over to hold her hand tightly and Aladrea rubbed her back for comfort.

"Relax, it's gonna be good, okay?" Chassidy told her and she nodded, "This will all work out the way it should."

On the other side Trinity and Jahzari sat with Ju, Dee, Monty and Zay, all of them with unreadable expressions but it was obvious they were nervous. It wasn't any of their first times in a courtroom and surely, it wasn't their first time seeing someone they love get convicted. They all related on that accord.