②.

║Essence║Friday 12:58 AM 1 year later

Essence
Friday 12:58 AM
1 year later

Jumbotron Shit Poppin' by Drake was the song of choice playing through the car. Chassidy sat next to me rapping it word for word, her phone held high as she recorded for Instagram.

"Thick Moroccan bitch, that's my fav, Imma go and beat it." Chassidy sung in the camera before turning it on me.

"Lookin' in the mirror, kiss my face, I'm too conceited." I sung back after taking notice of the camera that was being shoved in my face. The bright white light from instagram's front facing flash illuminating my skin in the dark car.

"Gorgeous gorgeous girls." Chassidy said before being sure to tap the "Close friends" button at the very bottom of her screen.

We impatiently sat in the car waiting on Drea to come outside. With her, we could always count on being late to the club. We were just leaving dinner at Komodo, celebrating a few achievements for ourselves.

Chassidy was a business owner, a dedicated and hardworking one too. The effort she put into her brand never went without recognition and because of that, she sold out in 2 hours yesterday morning.

As for me, I was leaving my nursing position in labor and delivery and taking up a new travel nurse position.

Last but not least, Drea was leaving her NICU nurse position at a hospital in Houston and finally hoping us Miami, time as a permanent resident.

Me and Chassidy both settled in Miami immediately after graduation, but she was born and raised in West Palm Beach. Drea chose to work in Houston, her hometown for a while since she found a job there first. Now we were welcoming her back to Miami as a full time, permanent, resident.

They were my close friends since Freshmen and sophomore year at FAMU. Aledrea and I met freshmen year in psychology class and a year later we met Chassidy during our sophomore year in physics.

She was a year younger than us both but we all ended up graduating together since Chassidy finished her degree early. We considered ourselves "boss friends" because each of us shared the same amount of ambition when it came to our goals.

Besides being beautiful and ambitious, they were also the most supportive friends I ever had. Even while fighting through some difficult times, they stuck by me.

A full year had flew by and still, I had no thoughts about giving relationships another chance anytime soon. If I was brutally honest, I didn't care for men at all. Those feelings were a product of the relationship I shared with my ex, Jaylen. Whom was really never to be spoken of, at least that's how I liked to keep it.

Some days it felt like I would never trust or love a man ever again. Too afraid that they'd put their hands on me again, make their insecurities mine and abuse the soft spot I had for them. It'd take years, or maybe even a lifetime.