①.

1:27 AMJaylen's Apartment1 year ago

1:27 AM
Jaylen's Apartment
1 year ago

Essence stood with her thighs pressed against the bathroom counter, helping herself get the best angles while curling her hair. She cautiously wrapped each piece around the curling wand, being careful not to burn her fingers while doing so. Her lips were pursed together and eyes squinted as she focused on the final curl that had just been finished, unsure if it was to her liking.

Over it by Summer Walker played lowly through the JBL speaker that her phone was connected to. Placing the wand back on the marble sink in front of her, she then pulled down her silk pajama shorts that continuously rode up her thighs due to their skimpy length.

"Cute enough." She spoke lowly to herself, slightly fluffing out the curls she had just achieved.

Just then, the sound of the front door unlocking had startled her. She turned on her heels and peeked around the bathroom door seeing her boyfriend, Jaylen. He walked through the door, laying down his black Nike duffle bag that contained all his necessary football gear.

Jaylen and Essence were suppose to graduate together, on time. As that was Essence's case, it wasn't Jaylen's. Instead he was behind a year, struggling to juggle football and his major, engineering.

Considering he had been playing football since high school, he pretty much refused to quit. Even for the sake of his major.

"Hey boo." She spoke, softly smiling at Jaylen who gave her no eye contact, only greeting her with a head nod.

"How was your day?" Essence spoke again, clearing her throat this time.

Jaylen looked up from the floor, raising a brow at Essence, "You just did yo' hair or some?" He questioned, disregarding what Essence had asked as he caught a whiff of the scent her wand curl had left in the air.

"Yeah." Essence smiled, shifting her weight to the side and placing a hand on her hip.

"For?" He asked, a small attitude lingering in his tone.

"Wanted to look nice for when you got here." Essence's smile faded, realizing the conversation was about to take a turn.

"It's one in the morning...you got music on and shit." Jaylen stood still, staring through Essence.

"Is that a crime?" Essence chuckled but flinched at the sound of Jaylen scoffing.

"Don't piss me off," He spat rudely as he brushed past Essence, making his way to the bedroom, "Bitch." He finished, under his breathe.

Essence tucked her lips in her mouth and took a deep breath. Jaylen returned to the kitchen, side eyeing Essence as he poured himself a glass of water.

"You had company?" He turned to Essence, resting himself against the kitchen counter.