①④.

║Omniscient║Washington, DCThanksgiving Day2:30PMEssence's Parents house

Omniscient
Washington, DC
Thanksgiving Day
2:30PM
Essence's Parents house

As they pulled into the long white bricked driveway, Essence found herself immediately being hit with a wave of nostalgia. She hadn't been home, at her parents house for nearly two years—and she liked it that way. Stepping out of the car, True stood staring at the home in its entirety. He always knew Essence was a "bougie suburban girl" but even this was at a totally different level.

There was no doubt that the house was huge. The driveway itself told you her family had money but the fountain built alongside the driveway was the real show stopper. Each surrounding bush was shaped up nicely and the grass was well kept too. The home itself was pristine and white with dark oak colored roofing. The modern double front doors matched the roof's color and through them you could see a large chandelier hanging in the home's foyer. As expected, a large built in pool could be seen in the backyard of the home.

Though the home was equipped with a four car garage, Essence's parents cars sat out on display. Her father's being a Mercedes Benz G-wagon and Her mothers being a Porsche truck. This wasn't regular rich, it was wealthy. Anyone could tell her parents had very stable careers. Even for someone like True, who lived an expensive lifestyle somewhat similar—he was in awe. Essence took notice of True's staring and nudged him before speaking,

"What?" She asked him, confused as to what he was so mesmerized by. She had grown up in this home her whole life until 18, it was nothing more than decent to her.

"You said you came from a nice family Essence but Ian' never seen niggas living like this, and that's coming from me." True said to her.

He owned a few overly expensive cars and other materialistic things but it all came from drug money. That was the difference in his eyes. He had grown up in the hood majority of his life, rarely seeing homes like this. Except for now, since he stayed in a nice gated neighborhood in Miami. Still, the homes on his block had nothing on the home in front of him. It was clear her parents owned the acres the house sat on, considering the nearest neighbor was basically 2 miles away.

"Well just wait till you see the inside." Essence chuckled, rolling her eyes playfully. She took hold of his hand and dragged him towards the porch.

Essence blew out a deep breathe before gently pressing the doorbell. She was hoping none of her least favorite family members would answer the door. Though her mother was included in that list, she'd even deal with her over one of her nosey aunties.

The left side of the double doors swung open and there stood a tall almond colored older man with short grey hair.

"Is that my baby girlll?" Essence's father dragged, with his arms wide open for a hug. She took a sigh of relief, her dad was tolerable. She definitely cared for him more than her mother.