④①.

Miami, FLSunday 9:07am Miami Women's Care Clinic

Miami, FL
Sunday 9:07am
Miami Women's Care Clinic

Sitting in her car, Essence stared at the building just across the street. Her stomach was in knots, hands were clammy and being stressed beyond measures—she hadn't even slept after getting off work either.

It had been just three days since she found out about her pregnancy. After she sat up last night in deep thought, she decided to make the clinic her very first stop by morning.

She had no clue what her intentions were just yet, but it was Essence's hope that a visit here would help her make the right choice.

After finally gathering the courage to go inside, she signed in and waited impatiently rather than patiently for the doctor to come get her. Essence sat bouncing her leg, nerves bad—trying to keep her mind focused on something other than the fact that she was really sitting inside of an abortion clinic.

A door right next to the sign in desk swung open and out came a black woman with a short cut. The woman scanned the room before her eyes laid on Essence. A smile graced the doctor's face as she began walking over to where Essence sat.

"Essence, right?" The woman asked with a hand out, "I'm Dr. Moore. It's nice to meet you!" She spoke cheerfully.

Essence could only give the faintest smile back, trying to be just as kind. It was a hard thing to master at the moment though, her mind being too wrapped in what decisions she'd be making today.

After their introductions to one another, Dr. Moore instructed that Essence followed her to the back. They walked a few halls before stopping at an open door, where Dr. Moore let Essence go in first.

"How are you?" Dr. Moore questioned to Essence while closing the door behind them.

"I've been better." Essence was honest, her voice low and tired.

"I understand." Dr. Moore replied just as low. She realized it wasn't easy for anyone to come sit in such a room. It was the toughest decision one could make.

"So, from what I've collected...you're seven weeks, correct?" Dr.Moore spoke, looking up at Essence to confirm.

"Yeah, to my surprise." Essence replied, mumbling over the last few words.

"When was it that you found out?" Dr.Moore questioned after catching Essence's remark.

"About three days ago. I know it's a really quick decision but—," Essence started doubtfully before Dr. Moore cut her off.