③②.

Miami, FLTHE NEXT DAY: July 1st Friday 10:30amMiami-Dade County Courthouse

Miami, FL
THE NEXT DAY: July 1st
Friday 10:30am
Miami-Dade County Courthouse

"All rise. The Court of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida, Criminal Division, is now in session. Honorable Judge Harris presiding."

True couldn't hide how bad his nerves were, possibly even worst than the last time he stood in trial five months ago. His anxiety was causing him to feel extremely overstimulated as he focused on everything but the judge's speaking.

The air conditioning in the courtroom was freezing in his opinion, forcing his skin to glaze with a few goosebumps. Possibly because he had spent the last few months in a cell that was always too hot to even sleep in.

His mouth was dry but his palms were the opposite, soaked. He was sweating profusely from how nervous he was and the metal cuffs around his wrist had been tightened too much, causing irritable friction against his skin that was unbearable.

Issac reverted his eyes on True who was staring mindlessly ahead of him, his eyes rather empty, matching his lifeless expression.

"You good?" Issac questioned quietly between them as he nudged True with his elbow. True nodded though he was feeling an enormous amount of pressure at the moment.

"Relax...you're going home today. I promise I ain't letting this end like the last." Issac spoke again, this time with assurance.

True let out a deep and shaky breath, wanting to believe Issac's words but the conversation between him and his father was stuck replaying in his head. Unbeknownst to True though, his older brother had already handled things for him. Any antics Pierre had planned weren't falling through thanks to Tremaine and Issac.

"A new trial has been warranted on the ground of attorney misconduct that supposedly took place during the previous trial on February 10th of this year, about 5 months ago. The defendant, True Delva was tried and charged with murder of the first degree, granting him a sentence of life in Florida State Prison."

"It is my understanding that new evidence has spiked speculation of perjury from prosecuting attorney, Crystal Smith. Would attorney Issac Collins please give us his opening statement on this matter?"

Issac couldn't help but let his eyes glance over at Crystal who was already giving him a deadly stare. She assumed she was intimidating him but she was wrong, he didn't scare easily anyways. He cleared his throat and took a deep breath, standing to his feet before he spoke firmly.

"It was devastating information to learn that my client, True Delva was wrongfully convicted due to another attorney's negligence. About two weeks ago, it was brought to my attention that the evidence attorney Smith provided about Essence Abara's restraining order against her ex-boyfriend Jaylen White, was not from the same source she confirmed it to be from."