④⑧.

Miami, FL5:20amTrue's house

Miami, FL
5:20am
True's house

Speeding dangerously over the limit down a few residential streets, True soon took a turn on his own block. He wasn't even sure how he managed to make it home in one piece. In fact, he didn't remember any of his drive home after him and Essence's call came to an abrupt end. His muscle memory lead him there, all while he drove manically like an escaped convict.

Upon arriving in front of his home, True was greeted with a plethora of red and blue lights.
The sun was just rising and the entire front yard was swarmed with police cars, and an ambulance too.

Any time he had ever seen that many cars, it usually always meant someone had died.

As stated before, True lived in a nice neighborhood, a gated community to be exact. Shoot outs, home invasions and really any crime wasn't common—actually, they were events that never happened at all. Therefore he found no surprise in the fact that one of his neighbors already had police on the scene.

A scene that was so flooded with chaos that True couldn't even access his own driveway. He instead parked anywhere on the street and hurriedly hopped out his car.

Many of those neighbors were on standby, being nosey per usual. True paid them no mind, his main objective being set on finding Essence. Until he seen she was alive and well, nothing else really mattered.

Rushing into his front yard, he didn't make it far before an officer went pushing him backwards. Already being on edge, True's natural instinct was to ball his fist, preparing for a fight.

"Sir, this is a crime scene...I'm gonna need you to take a step back." The officer spoke firmly, his hand pressed against True's chest.

True thought about strangling the man to death on spot. That's how angry and stressed he was. However, he was wise enough to stop himself before making a mistake that would cost him some dire consequences.

"I'm the owner, and I'm tryna make sure my people straight. No disrespect, but imma need you to get the fuck outta my way before shit get worse than it already is." True spat more vicious than he had intended before forcefully pushing the officer's hand off of him.

"That's a threat?" The officer questioned with a raised brow, placing a hand on his gun.

"Naw, that's a promise nigga. That gun and uniform ain't scaring nobody. You at my shit, so pull that gun out and I'm on whatever you on." True voiced angrily with a mug across his face.

"We gotta problem up here in the front." The officer then spoke into the mic attached to his shoulder.

"Like I said, step back unless you wanna spend the morning in a cell." He repeated sternly, returning his attention back to True.

As True continued going back and forth with the officer, his attention was stolen by a body that paramedics were wheeling out of his home. Judging by the white sheet that covered it, the person was obviously deceased.