①②.

_______________________

║Essence║Miami, FLFriday 10:37 AMEssence's Apartment

Essence
Miami, FL
Friday 10:37 AM
Essence's Apartment

Rolling over in bed, I grabbed my phone from underneath my pillow and checked the time. I was suppose to be at work this morning by 10 but luckily, I called in sick last night.

Thankfully Nikki took my shift, but there was a downside. Not coming in this morning meant I'd need to make my shift up Saturday night, something I wasn't too phased about anyway. Though I wasn't hungover, I just wanted to stay in my bed all day—away from everyone.

I barely slept because I stayed up overthinking. True texted me around 1AM but it was only a text letting me know he had made it home safely. I contemplated sending him a thank you or even calling him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Just then, my plans of staying in bed all day were cut short. A knock on my door was forcing me from my bed. As I got up and trudged through the kitchen, I stood on my tippy toes to peek through my peephole.

Of course, it was Aladrea and Chassidy who had been texting my phone all night and morning. I sighed before opening the door and being met with Chassidy's loud mouth.

"Bitch where have you been?" Chassidy asked, standing in my doorway with Aladrea right behind her.

"Home, sleeping...something y'all clearly don't know how to do." I rolled my eyes, stepping aside to let them in.

"You the one that went totally MIA last night after your lil' date." Aladrea said, following in after Chassidy, "We thought that nigga killed you."

"I didn't go MIA, I went to bed." I said, joining them on the couch they now sat on.

"What happened to calling us with details?" Chassidy smacked her lips, throwing a pillow at me from across the room.

I laughed only a little, tossing the pillow back at her before shrugging nonchalantly.

"See, I'm not fucking with that response at all," Aladrea raised a brow at me, "Did something happen last night?"

Instead of answering, I sighed loudly and turned away from them. This was the last thing I was in the mood to talk about, but I knew they'd keep pestering me if I didn't tell them something.

"It was perfect," I started, thinking back to the whole set up, "He really impressed me honestly. It was a whole Candlelit dinner at the beach, private chef, my favorite wine, roses." I continued, fighting a smile.