Epilouge.

Miami, FL: Opa-LockaFriday 4:00pmThe Evelyn C

Friday 4:00pm
The Evelyn C. Davis Youth Center

"Yo' ass fouling like a muthfucka True!" The young boy hollered from across the basketball court.

"Niggas always call it fouling when they can't keep up." True laughed before he threw the ball back to him.

"For me to be turning thirty one in a month, I'm keeping up with you niggas a lil' too good. Y'all been skipping out on practice after school or some?" True then taunted to the boys, by the name of Cherish and Bakari.

"Yeah, yeah...talk yo' shit old man," Bakari teased while chuckling at True, " Yo' ancient ass keep playing this hard and I bet you'll need a cane before yo' birthday."

"Fuck a cane, nigga gone be in a wheelchair, again." Cherish, the other young boy chimed in.

"Oh you got jokes." True chuckled while waving a finger at Cherish, "Line that shit back up then and show me some, cause yo' lay ups been rusty all day for such a shit talker."

Three years since True had been out the game, and moments like this always reminded him that it was the best decision ever made.

After years of serving the streets, True was now serving the community instead. Giving back to the hood was something he always thought about doing, but in a way that was actually proactive—especially for all the young black boys in Opa-Locka. The ones that needed someone to look up to and someone to lead them.

True finally brought that vision to life after opening one of the largest community youth center in Opa-Locka, and everyone's favorite too, though he hated bragging.

Whether it was sports, tutoring, mentoring, counseling or making sure more children graduated on time and helping them apply to college. True was giving them a chance at the future they deserve.

All the opportunities he never got the chance to have while younger, True was now making sure the kids in his community got those opportunities, plus more.