③③.

Miami, FLTHE SAME DAY: July 1stFriday 9:00pmTrue's House

Miami, FL
THE SAME DAY: July 1st
Friday 9:00pm
True's House

After a long day of rekindling, everyone was now in fellowship at True's house and conversation had been nonstop between him and those that he loved.

True took notice that Essence was much quieter than usual once they got around everyone else. Being how he was, he worried that something was bothering her. In actuality though, she just wanted to give everyone else a chance to enjoy him too. In her opinion, Everyone had spent months being there for her while he was gone. They even sacrificed phone calls with him just so he could use his three calls a day on Essence.

She was just being courteous, not even realizing that it was forcing his mind to cloud with questions. They were just on good terms hours ago but he only wondered,

Did I say something that upset her?

Maybe she ain't feeling me no more.

Is she actually happy that I'm back or have I been gone too long?

He was zoned out paying most of his attention to her through quick glances from across the room—until the conversation in the kitchen stole his attention.

"On who I can't shoot better than Dee?" Trinity stood leaned against the table arguing with all the boys.

"On them Zoe pound niggas you call family." Dee joked making Trinity smack her lips while they laughed at her.

"Yeen never shot shit foreal...Ion' know who gassed you up like dat." Dee spoke again whilst cutting his eyes at her.

"We can step outside right now and see." Trinity aired confidently, rolling her neck at him.

"Hell naw y'all ain't doing that outside my house. Police would be here soon as you switch yo' gun off safety. These white folks don't play bout' that." True interrupted after listening in on their conversation from afar.

"Needa put them guns down anyways." Rico chimed in and said, shaking his head at them.

"Niggas get back in school and start giving out advice like they Dr.Phil." Monty responded jokingly, "You a hypocrite fasho."

"I'm just saying, y'all use them bitches for everything but protection. Be on too much hot shit." Rico scolded but he also had to laugh a little too.

"Look at this nigga talking bout protection. Ain't you a bouta be a father?" Ju pointed his thumb towards Rico and teased.

"Yeah, you and me both." Rico shot back with a smug look that knocked the goofy smile right off Ju's face.