Thirty-One

Steve just watched as she stood in shock, and he couldn't help but smirk... 'What, now you got nothing to say? If you hadn't noticed, we're in the middle of a fight, with robots, in a flying city..'.. His smirk grew as he leaned in... 'You just going to stand around all day, or are we going to fight?'

Lia shook her head clear, scowling at him... 'The fuck was that for?..'... She took a step back, keeping a distance from him.

'Don't die, and I'll tell you..'... She saw him grin at her, as he stuck him comm back in and ran off. She put hers back in, clearing her throat. She tried to run to the church but her legs felt like jelly.

*Stupid smug fucking bastard. Why the hell did he do that? Because he read it? Felt guilty, what? No, no. Get your head in the game, and deal with capsicle later*... She scolded herself.

She heard him in her ear and scoffed... 'Walk it off? Makes no sense frosty, sure you haven't taken a hard hit to the head recently?'... She heard Sam chuckle in her ear.

'Whats so funny birdbrain?'... She shot down two more, and dove put of the way as a third fired at her. She took cover behind a car.

'Nothing. Other than a cute couple taking a moment, kissing in the middle of all this..'.. She closed her eyes briefly and sighed. She pulled another arrow and spun releasing it at the one shooting at her.

'Yeah well, people do stupid shit all the time. I highly doubt it will happen again. Tony, talk to me about the core. I can try to use my power to destroy it, but would that cause more harm than good?'... She calls out, getting up and keeps moving towards the church.

'Friday is calculating. If you remove the core, the city will drop. The impact radius is growing every second. We need to keep Ultron away from the core..'... Tony tells her. She hears Tony's plan, to blow the core, hearing Friday say it will vaporise the city and everyone. She sighed, that was not going to happen, the team and every civilian was getting off the rock.

She hears the others all talking and she stripped off her weapons, dropping them to the ground. She had a plan, that could work. No one else would die, they'd all be clear, but it had to work. She kept heading to the church, tuning the others out.

She heard Fury in her ear, and she froze. The others didn't know, aside from Clint, but she hoped Fury wouldn't say anything. She had been a secret shadow agent for years, because of her abilities. Peggy had put her in touch with Fury and Coulson years ago, and only the two of them, knew she was a secret SHIELD agent.

She knew Tony would flip out, so she didn't tell him. Not a damn thing about her life. She smirked, hearing Fury issue orders for the lifeboats. She couldn't see, but she assumed he was on a helicarrier.

'Fury you some of a bitch..'.. She heard Cap curse. She sniggered, guess she was a bad influence.

'Oh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?'... Fury quips back.

'Not his mother, no..'.. She heard Sam chuckle, causing her to grind her teeth. She let her anger and rage take over, as she began to use her power on the bots.

*How many of these fucking things are there!*... She kept moving towards the church, and Tony and Rhodey quipped in her ear. Hearing the others as they loaded up the lifeboats, she came around a corner, seeing the church up ahead.

Slowly making her way closer, she could hear Ultron. She peeked around a wall, and Ultron had Thor by the throat, hitting him. She caught Thors eye, seeing him look to the side. Spotting his hammer, she picked it up, ready, getting closer.

'Even you can't stop that..'.. Ultron raises his fist at Thor.

'I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast.. I am running out of things to say..'.. His eyes catch Lia behind Ultron... 'Are you ready?'

She sees Ulton turn to her, and she puts as much power behind the swing as she could, knocking him through a wall. She looks down at the hammer, panting... 'Fuck me that felt amazing. I wanna do it again..'... She grinned at Thor, as he held his hand out.

The hammer flew back to him, and he smiled at her... 'You would make a wonderful Queen, though how you speak maybe a problem..'

Lia chuckled at him, looking over the core... 'Nah, too much paperwork for me. So this is it?'

'I got it! Create a heat seal. I could supercharge the spire from below...'... She hears Tony in her ear, while Friday calculates it... 'Thor I got a plan..'

'We're out of time Tony, they're coming for the core..'.. She tells him, as her and Thor fight off the bots that came exploding through the church.

One by one, the others join them, and they fight. But for every one they destroy, another takes its place. After a while, they finally get a reprieve.

Nat arrives shortly after, taking in the scene... 'Whats the drill?'

'This is the drill..'.. Tony points to the device... 'If Ultron gets his hand on the core, we lose..'

Lia sees Vision look at her and nod. She didn't know how, but it was as if he knew, what she wanted to do. She just had to make sure, everyone was clear first.

She turns with the team, seeing Ultron hover above the ground, about 30ft from them. They all take a stance, ready to go again... 'Is that the best you can do!'... Thor shouts at Ultron.

She growls in frustration, as Ultron summons more of his bots... 'You had to ask..'.. Her and Cap say at the same time. She catches his eye, and he smirks at her. She rolled her eyes, ready to focus again.

'Uh, Lia..'.. She heard Bucky behind her... 'Where's your weapons?'

She ignored him, and walked forward towards Ultron... 'Ah, the perfect human. How does it feel, the vibranium, the power?'

She walked a bit closer, hearing the others behind her... 'It feels good..'.. She stops, looking down at her hands, then upto Ultron grinning... 'It feels like this..'

She forced all her pain, emotions, and energy into her power. Throwing her hands out to Ultron, she screamed as it all ripped through her. Around the church, all debris began to form blades, and rush towards Ultron and his bots.

The team stood stunned at what they were seeing, she ripped the whole of Ultron, and his army apart in seconds. They watched as she staggered, and Pietro rushed forward, catching her.

'The-theres a few more around..'.. She pants out, leaning into Pietro, as he guides her back to the others... 'Find them. He can move between the bots..'
Pietro helps her to sit, leaning back against the core.

'Go, all of you go. Find him, destroy him. Trust me, I can protect this..'.. They all hesitate, not wanting to leave her.

'I will remain with her..'.. Vision lands near her... 'We will protect the core. It is best to ensure Ultron does not escape..'

'Let me know when it's all cleared of civilians. I need you to trust me..'.. She gets to her feet, looking around at them... 'I'll destroy the core, and the city, Vision will get me out. I promise'... Her eyes stop on her brother... 'I have to do this Tony..'

He stepped forward, pulling her into a hug... 'Don't you dare die on me..'

She chuckled, stepping back... 'Apparently, I can't, so just go..'... She watches the team leave, Cap hesitating as he looks back at her. She nods at him, and turns to Vision, taking out her comm... 'Once this rock is clear, get them all to safety, do you understand? Don't come back for me. Make sure they're all off..'

'Yes Miss Lia, I will do it...'... He nods to her, and they both take stance, just in case of any stragglers. Lia took a breath, knowing that what she was going to do, would probably kill her, and she was ready.

😘