Thirty-Four

For the next two weeks, the whole team were working together, to find anything to help wake Lia up. They had scoured through as many avenues as they could, based on the information Fury had provided, and what was in her book.

Steve had given it to Tony, after speaking with Fury that night. It was 2 days later, that he saw Tony again. Steve could see how much it affected Tony, everything that she had written about. The two of them had talked it over, and allowed the others to read it.

Nat commented that she had a feeling that the guy Lia was in love with, was Steve, she had smirked at him, making him blush.

Wanda had been pushing herself with her powers, as she wanted to help free Lia from her nightmares. She had gone, almost every day into Lias mind, to see if there was anything different, but it was always the same.

Tony had spent time, trying to break through the encryption on Lias phone, and he was impressed. Whoever had put it on there, knew what they were doing, it had taken him the past two weeks, running every code he could, and now he had finally gotten through.

Reading through her messages, he had found there were some from her staff at the bar, the restaurant and her club. He had Friday send out the same message to them all, informing them that Lia was in coma, and currently being attended to by specialists.

He had found a few that had stood out to him. One was from someone named Jacob, dated 5 days ago.

<Lia, I found what you wanted. Need your help with a side project, call me when you can>

Another was from someone called Talia..

<Ready and waiting for you, when you return. She knows you're busy, so send word when you're done>

And the last one was from someone called Little Einstein..

<Ndiyifumene le ubuyicelile. Yiza undibone ngokukhawuleza. Ubhuti uyakukhumbula, kodwa akavumi. Ndiyathemba ukuba ukhuselekile sisi>

That one, he didn't understand... 'Friday, run it through translation for me..'

'Right away boss..'..

Tony stared at the three messages, wondering who they were, and what they meant.

'Found translation. Xhosa, a dialect from South Africa. Would you like me to tell you what the message reads?'..

'Yeah, give it to me..'.. He sighs, sitting up.

'I have found what you asked for. Come see me as soon as you can. Brother misses you but won't admit it. Hope you are safe sister..'..

Tony sat straighter. Wondering what that meant... 'Friday, trace the message. Where was it sent from?'... Not a minute later, Friday brings up the location on the holo table... 'Call the team down here now..'

Tony wondered if that's how she knew Klaue. She clearly spent some time in South Africa, he couldn't help but wonder why she was in Wakanda. As far as satellite images showed, it was almost desolate. All the information he had, told him it was just some tribal community out there.

So why was someone, with tech out there, telling Lia they had found what she asked for. And who were these people?

------------------------------------------------------------

Steve walked into the lab with the others, seeing Tony walk around in the holo display. It was showing Wakanda, and the files Tony had, were all open. He moved to lean against a station, folding his arms.